Help! I'm in Chains! Question about Hardware..

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. sorry if this is a little long! i'm a chanel virgin and have been searching and reading previous threads but am still confused.. :P

last year's (fall's?) metallic reissues in navy and black with black hardware -

is the hardware on both exactly the same? are they both what is known as ruthenium? to me, the black hardware looks a lot darker on the black leather.. but it could be a trick of the eye

here are 2 examples of what i mean.. (i hope it is ok to attach these!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chanel-Reissue-2-55-Black-Metallic-Handbag-New-W-Tags_W0QQitemZ260347160273QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item260347160273&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHANEL-2-55-METALLIC-NAVY-LEATHER-REISSUE-227-BAG-NWT_W0QQitemZ370146122671QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item370146122671&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

also, are the leather textures on both the same? a chanel SA showed me a metallic she said was from last year and it looked like it was, i dont know, glazed in saran wrap or something!

2. the textures should be the same and i know the hardware came in black, silver, and gold for the reissues..sorry that is all i know since that is what i have seen..but i do not own a reissue yet..

3. The black hardware on the blue metallic camera bag from last year had a very subtle iridescence to it. I loved that quality. If you look at the closeup of the blue bag from ebay shows that iridescence. I found that to be a lovely detail. Unfortunately, I returned the bag, but couldn't let go of the color of the hardware. I eventually received the white reissue with black hardware, but it's different -- no irridescence. No issue, because it is a striking bag.
    The black bag from the ebay listing has hardware similar to my new white bag.
    Not sure about the glazes, but I just loved the black hardware of the navy bag; it is really special.
    Hope this helped
    Judy