Help! I'm having second thoughts about my new Chocolate MAM . . .

susanf

Aug 20, 2007
I recently purchased a chocolate MAM from My Obsessions Boutique for almost half off. The chocolate color and leather is definitely rich and beautiful. But I'm second guessing my color choice. :sad: I am looking for a neutral bag for fall and winter. I already own a Tangerine and Deep Red MAM, and a Peacock Nikki. My work wardrobe is composed of mostly black, navy, and grey. Is Chocolate too dark? Should I go with Latte or Almond instead? :thinking: Or Maybe Lapis? I'm so confused! :confused1: I would sure appreciate your thoughts on my dilemma!

I have the chocolate Nikki which I haven't put down in a few weeks. Quite unusual for me since I love switching my bags but this bag goes with everything. I believe you've made a great choice. However, you said the bag was dark, but this color is quite neutral and not as dark as milk chocolate. Are you certain its chocolate and not Dark Brown? I have the MAM in Dark Brown and its dark; nothing like my chocolate nikki.

I have the chocolate Nikki which I haven't put down in a few weeks. Quite unusual for me since I love switching my bags but this bag goes with everything. I believe you've made a great choice. However, you said the bag was dark, but this color is quite neutral and not as dark as milk chocolate. Are you certain its chocolate and not Dark Brown? I have the MAM in Dark Brown and its dark; nothing like my chocolate nikki.

Glad to hear you are loving your Chocolate Nikki and feel it is quite neutral. I am pretty certain my MAM is Chocolate. It is a little lighter than Hershey milk chocolate and is more of a golden brown. It does look similar in color to online pictures of Chocolate.

I have a Choco mam and also wear a lit of black, navy and gray:smile:. The choco is more of a medium brown to me and complements those dark colors well. The almond and latte seem very similar-I haven't seen IRL-but with more yellow I think. Lapis (or any if that dark blue family), burgundy and white are also great non-black neutrals that could add some pop to your outfits.

Susan - This is just my opinion based on having a chocolate, almond, and latte bag:

I think the chocolate leather is GORGEOUS! Anyway -
If you replace this bag with almond you may end up thinking ALmond is close in color to your Tangerine MAM. Almond has a lot of orange in it. It does have the beautiful new hardware and tassels though.
If you replace the bag with latte -The latte leather is definitely a little lighter than chocolate but not light enough (as far as a big difference) to go thru the trouble. Latte is beautiful though also - I have it in a mattie - I've never seen it in a MAM IRL.
Lapis is nice but chocolate is gorgeous!

Good luck!

Here's my 2 cents. . . I love all things chocolate! I am not really a fan of the Chocolate MAM, however, I do LOVE my chocolate Nikki. I personally preferred the Dark Brown in a MAM--I just think the chocolate leather looks better in a slouchy hobo. I say you need to get something you really love. It is an awful lot of money to settle on a bag and hope it grows on you!

Susan - This is just my opinion based on having a chocolate, almond, and latte bag:

If you replace this bag with almond you may end up thinking ALmond is close in color to your Tangerine MAM. Almond has a lot of orange in it. It does have the beautiful new hardware and tassels though.
If you replace the bag with latte -The latte leather is definitely a little lighter than chocolate but not light enough (as far as a big difference) to go thru the trouble. Latte is beautiful though also - I have it in a mattie - I've never seen it in a MAM IRL.

Good luck!

^^Very well thought out Mag! Personally, I LOVE chocolate. I think it's a great neutral and classic. HOWEVER, not everyone is a dark brown person-- and if you don't think you will carry her enough, then forgo her for a colour you KNOW you will :smile:.

I think that chocolate would be a great neutral color. I regret not getting the chocolate mam at the online sample sale. I bought a fawn mam but I really think it is too light to wear with dark colors. I think that chocolate would be perfect.

Susan, Can you please post pics? I do not have a Chocolate colored bag so I would like to see the color before commenting....

Here are some pics:

natural light
P1000072.jpg

sunlight
P1000073.jpg

flash
P1000075.jpg

Good luck!

Thank you for your thoughts regarding Almond and Latte. I too am afraid Almond is too close to Tangerine. Like you said, I'm not sure its worth returning the Chocolate for the Latte. The Chocolate MAM was a really good price. I'm not sure if I have the patience to wait for one on the Latte. With codes becoming more scarce, I may never find one for as good of a price.