Help! If you could buy any Chanel that wasn't a classic flap what would it be?

jp23

jeska2333
O.G.
Jan 6, 2012
I have recently been given an opportunity to purchase Chanel at a discount, but classic flaps are excluded. I was wondering what other bags you all have been into as I'm not sure what I may want. I currently have a New Riviera and a chevron boy both black with rhw. Thanks in advanced for your opinions and advice!

Reactions: JulieMack
All "classics" or just classic flap mini/ML/ jumbo? Reissues?

I'd grab a caviar wallet on chain or a small quilted caviar boy if they were included! They can always be useful....

Reactions: JulieMack
All "classics" or just classic flap mini/ML/ jumbo? Reissues?

I'd grab a caviar wallet on chain or a small quilted caviar boy if they were included! They can always be useful....

I think we can purchase minis and reissues! I was thinking another boy too! Maybe quilted caviar?

Reactions: Stacy31
I think we can purchase minis and reissues! I was thinking another boy too! Maybe quilted caviar?
I would never say buy something just to buy it because you can get a discount, but if t's a good time for you and you have a use for a mini or another boy I think either of those are super useful in a quilted caviar! Good luck!

I would never say buy something just to buy it because you can get a discount, but if t's a good time for you and you have a use for a mini or another boy I think either of those are super useful in a quilted caviar! Good luck!

I respectfully disagree! If you can get it at discount and you have the money, I would just buy now and think later! [emoji13] Chanel continues to increase in price.

My biggest CHANEL regret is just that. I thought it was too expensive back then when I was just a student and now I'm kicking myself for not taking the plunge.

I respectfully disagree! If you can get it at discount and you have the money, I would just buy now and think later! [emoji13] Chanel continues to increase in price.

My biggest CHANEL regret is just that. I thought it was too expensive back then when I was just a student and now I'm kicking myself for not taking the plunge.

Lol.... well a discount on something you wind up not loving because you bought it just for a discount... will never make sense to me. And like I said if the timing IS good for her and she finds something useful in her collection go for it. But to buy just for a discount is forced and may not work out in the end... That's my educated opinion of my 24 years of buying designer handbags. I've been offered discounts many times through friends who worked for LV/Chanel etc., it was never an easy process.. often I would have to give the person a check or cash, you have to be certain of the purchase as it would be under the employee, there's a lot involved to it and this was years ago, I understand it to be even tighter now. That being said I am not sure where this discount is coming from, but I will stand by my statement that I wouldn't buy something simply for a discount. If it's not something you want or love it could easily be a $4,000 mistake, if you can afford that then sure no big deal, but if you can't don't force it on yourself. I have a friend who in more recent years picked up a jumbo with her friends discount just because she could... She never uses it but also doesn't want to sell it... It's just there in limbo because it's not a good bag for her but she thought she'd buy it... she had the money to spare but still tells me she regrets it...

If it were me right this minute... the percentage would be important, if we are talking anything over 25% I have a few items I am very interested in right now, a caviar boy WOC, a mini, and a large O case so I would probably look for one of those available that I love. But that is because I have had them on my list for a while. That being said they would have to be a color/style I really want and like. A discount is nice but the outstanding price is still hefty and buying something you don't love is like buying clothes that don't fit...

Reactions: ccbaggirl89