Help identifying leather

this is chevre mysore. maybe it is! i've been wrong before.

attachment.php

I don't have a chevre bag, but my Karo and other accessories in Chevre seem to be quite resistant to water, as long as you wipe it right off, it'd be no problem..
Check out some of the Chevre bags on the Hermes Reference...you should be able to see the "spine mark" on Chevre bags..

I'm just so puzzled, because I had definite raindrop marks yesterday - I panicked and wiped the water off, but the marks remained for 5 or so minutes, then the leather dried like they had never been there. Hmmmmm....

Looks like Gulliver. The grain can really vary in size with this leather. I've seen bags where it almost looked like clemence, the grain was so big. Gulliver has that iridescent sheen to it.

hermesgroupie, do you know if Gulliver absorbs the water briefly then dries without spotting? If so, then this may be the one!

hermesgroupie, do you know if Gulliver absorbs the water briefly then dries without spotting? If so, then this may be the one!
I think some members did mention their bag handled the water well. BTW, here's my picture from the leatherbook. This is from one of my bags in Gulliver. This picture was taken without flash, so you can really see that sheen you describe.

Attachments

• gulliver swift.JPG
    gulliver swift.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 89
HG--for a minute I thought your swatch might be Ardennes. Did Gulliver really vary that greatly in texture? From the few pieces I saw they were all pretty smooth and flat in texture--very similar to its reincarnation in Swift.