Help! I want to buy a Chanel wallet but have quesitons.

Bold_as_Love

Nov 6, 2009
I'm just your average college student; I work part time and make just a little bit above minimum wage. But I LOVE Chanel and while I can't justify spending 5k for a Chanel purse right now, I would love to purchase a wallet.

I have the money to just purchase one right now, but I want to set aside a "Chanel wallet fund" just so I can save it up as extra money instead of using what I have now, if that makes sense.

I'm just wondering how often price increases occur and how much the prices are usually raised.

For the gals who are familiar with Chanel wallets or own one like this, what's the price range? $700-$900?
And how do price increases affect the prices of these wallets?

Attached are pix of the wallet type that I am interested in purchasing.

Attachments

• chan.JPG
    chan.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,345
  • chanel.JPG
    chanel.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,269
  • chanelle.jpg
    chanelle.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,280
  • chanelll.JPG
    chanelll.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,266
I'm just your average college student; I work part time and make just a little bit above minimum wage. But I LOVE Chanel and while I can't justify spending 5k for a Chanel purse right now, I would love to purchase a wallet.

I have the money to just purchase one right now, but I want to set aside a "Chanel wallet fund" just so I can save it up as extra money instead of using what I have now, if that makes sense.

I'm just wondering how often price increases occur and how much the prices are usually raised.

For the gals who are familiar with Chanel wallets or own one like this, what's the price range? $700-$900?
And how do price increases affect the prices of these wallets?

Attached are pix of the wallet type that I am interested in purchasing.

You are wise, as a student, to set aside some savings before splurging on a Chanel wallet. The price increases on small leather goods (such as wallets) are small compared to larger items such as bags. This wallet in patent was $990 this month when I purchased one. I think the general rate for wallets with Chanel is $900 to $1100 (with the larger amounts to longer and more ornate wallets). Usually the prices of Chanel go up only once a year, but in the past (back to 2010), they have had more than one a year. I'd think the yearly is now more the rule of thumb.

A Chanel wallet is definitely worth saving for. For versatility and maximum use as wallet, clutch, cross body small bag, I would go for the wallet on chain (WOC as it is commonly known as). And I would choose the black caviar leather in gold hardware. Worry free, easy to handle, no scratch scare and very very very pretty. Definitely a head turner!

Yay!

I agree that WOC is more versatile, but its price is double that of a wallet though.

If you save $1500, you should be able to confidently walk into Chanel and buy one of the two wallets you indicated (or browse their collection and fall in love with another) and have a bit spare.

This is based off of prices in Australia, which is probably super expensive compared to other countries after the last price increase.

Chanel price increases typically are about 10-20%. With that said, since wallets are much lower in price, the price increases aren't substantial enough for people to run out and purchase them (like they do with the bags). Plus, Chanel just did a price increase so I hope they won't have another one for a year or so.

If you want a handbag, I would definitely save up for a WOC. It works as a wallet and bag so you kinda get two for the price of one. Or, maybe go the pre-owned route? HTH!