Help...I think the my patent leather is peeling

Bag&ShoeLover

Jan 30, 2008
I have one of the original Hampton patent leather totes..from 2008. I noticed the other day there are spots EVERYWHERE! There is not one side that does not have these little flakes on them. Looks like white/yellow dots depending on the lighting.

Is this my bag starting to peel. Does Coach do anything for them or consider it wear and tear. I know I did not get into anything with this bag.

This is one of my favorite bags ever.

I think every case is different but I would take it in to a store or call, explain what's happened and ask what they can do to help. I will tell you that I sent a 2007 Coach Carly for repair in 2012 and was given a 40% off letter to use toward a purchase. I had no receipt and was never asked for one. I had a friend who took a bag in to her local store that was damaged and she was given the value of her bag towards a purchase in the store. She walked out with a new bag with only paying the difference in price. I hope this helps.

I have one of the original Hampton patent leather totes..from 2008. I noticed the other day there are spots EVERYWHERE! There is not one side that does not have these little flakes on them. Looks like white/yellow dots depending on the lighting.

Is this my bag starting to peel. Does Coach do anything for them or consider it wear and tear. I know I did not get into anything with this bag.

This is one of my favorite bags ever.

Please post pics if you can; will help to identify the problem.

I agree about bringing this in to FP to see what they say. Sorry this happened, and good luck!