Help!! I Think i Received a FAKE Alexa

Pancakesx

Nov 3, 2010
Hi all,
I bought this Alexa from eBay and me being really stupid thought it was genuine, i think the seller had used photos from a genuine bag as the one i received doesn't even seem like it is real leather! :cry:
As soon as i opened the box this morning and touched the dustbag i knew something was wrong.. it felt so cheap and thin compared to my other Mulberry dustbags.. Please please can someone advise me about what to do I paid via paypal but it was by credit card and not bank transfer I don't think the amount has been charged to my card yet is there anyway to stop this (can i call my credit card company?) as I know informing eBay and going through the refund process will take WEEKS.. and it being so close to christmas I just can't afford to wait.
If you lovely ladies would be able to confirm that I am 100% correct that this is a fake I would be grateful as then I can contact seller straightaway.
Thank you.
ps I'm so sorry if I am babbling on but I am borderline distraught !

I took some pictures please take a look :

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l505/Pancakesxxx/

Hi I cant access your pic from my phone- but you should post your question on the authentication thread and I am sure you will get some good advice. Hope it will get sorted one way or another.

I am so sorry for this pancakesx, I don't own the alexa so cannot really comment, but I would call the c/c company and cancel the card ASAP.
I am sure the other ladies here will be able to indentifiy whether the bag is fake or not (doesn't look genuine to me but cannot tell for sure) and the you take it frome there.
After cancelling the card, if the bag is fake you can start the procedure via ebay
All the best of luck !

Thank you for your support I am so upset as I had waited since 6am for my (rather unreliable with timing) postman.
Gypas - if I alert my CC Company and they cancel the paymentdo you think I would I get into lots of trouble with eBay? I'm really tempted to though

Best to speak to ebay and your CC company I think. Hopefully they will both advise you re the best course of action in the circs. Sorry this happened to you and I hope you get it sorted out quickly xx

I am sorry for you, it is definitely fake. File a dispute with ebay as others already said. Also contact the seller that you want to cancel the buy due to it beeing a fake. Hope all will get sorted for you.

Thank you Lakrits, I just posted this over to 'Authenticate this Mulberry' before i saw your post.
I have just texted messaged the seller (she seemed so nice, even texted me this morning to see if I received bag and whether I liked it).
I will just have to wait to see what the seller says
thank you again

Hi Pancakesx,
I would call ebay quickly to let them know what has been going on (they are usually very good at picking up the phone ) and would freeze the payment, but having said that I don't know if that could cause you trouble with ebay, you can always clarify that with ebay and paypal. Good to hear the seller is nice and most imprtantly it's good that you paid by paypal.

Just a quick update - Seller just called me and was absolutely shocked as she had received it as a gift and it had a Harrods receipt with it. I'm guessing whoever bought it for her must have kept the real one and gave her a fake. I thought it was a bit weird as the receipt said it was a regular black Alexa, the one I had received was clearly an Oversized.
Anyways, cut story short, she refunded me immediately, whilst I was still on the phone. I have checked my paypal and it definately has been refunded. PHEW! - drama over! :yahoo::yahoo:
I guess I was really lucky in this instance, that she was genuine enough to refund me (and I haven't even posted the bag back to her yet) .. most importantly it teaches me a lesson to always get it authenticated on her first! :blush:

Note to all - I don't feel right saying who the seller is, but if you ever come across an Oversized Black Alexa on eBay, please double check it over first

and lastly.. a massive THANK YOU to you all for helping me, you've all been so kind :smile:

Thank you :smile: I do feel bad for the seller though as she really was as distraught as I was :sad:
It's great that I have been so ridiculously lucky on this occasion, hopefully it would never happen again though as i honestly felt quite faint after sniffing high doses of fake leather smells from the bag!
On a plus note, it was a Grape Alexa I really got my heart on so the money will go on just that ::graucho: