Help!! I Think i Received a FAKE Alexa

Thank goodness you got this sorted so quickly. I do feel for the seller. I told someone one that her bag was fake and she was devastated so not all sellers of fakes know they are doing so. Hope you get your plum soon.

Are you sure to feel sorry for the seller?
A clever seller of fakes will act exaclty like that: when found out, they would immediately refund (they would lose a claim anyway, so why bother with headache) and pretend they were SOO distraught... And, of course, it is a gift...And, of course, a Harrods receipt... for something else. Very familiar. Then they receive their positive feedback (and their fake bag back! important, since fake alexas are not cheap either, and a paypal claim will mean that the bag won't have to be sent back to the seller, but destroyed) and off they go
to find their next victim, until they get someone who does not notice the "fakeness".
Simple.
I think, this seller would be out there with her black alexa... beware...
Sorry, grumpy Korzinka does not have much optimism re. this story...

Are you sure to feel sorry for the seller?
A clever seller of fakes will act exaclty like that: when found out, they would immediately refund (they would lose a claim anyway, so why bother with headache) and pretend they were SOO distraught... And, of course, it is a gift...And, of course, a Harrods receipt... for something else. Very familiar. Then they receive their positive feedback (and their fake bag back! important, since fake alexas are not cheap either, and a paypal claim will mean that the bag won't have to be sent back to the seller, but destroyed) and off they go
to find their next victim, until they get someone who does not notice the "fakeness".
Simple.
I think, this seller would be out there with her black alexa... beware...
Sorry, grumpy Korzinka does not have much optimism re. this story...

I think you´re right! Experienced the same story as Pancakesx. I didn´t know about the Authenticate Thread and never seen a "real" Alexa before. The pictures looked good to me and as the seller emailed me the original receipt before bidding I trusted her. I´ve never spent that much money on ebay before and had a very bad feeling as soon as I received the bag. I got it authenticated then and was really shocked that I spent that much money on a fake. After a sleepless night and a lot of internet research I was asking the seller to refund immediately or I would alarm ebay, a lawyer and Mulberry! I got the same story then, she didn´t know it was a fake, she bought it from another lady who gave her the receipt, she was so sorry... Well I got my money back and as I was so relieved I didn´t even gave her negative feedback. A few weeks later I noticed she offered another fake Mulberry bag (with the same story as my fake Alexa) and I was really annoyed that I didn´t tell people that she is selling fakes...