Help - I think I bought a fake?

This whole situation blows! I hope it works out for you.

It really does, but your comment gave me a giggle! :smile:

Soooo, today I get a reply email from said seller with, get this: a tracking number. NO CLUE as to which shipping company it goes with... tried UPS but no luck so now I've asked for the shipping co. again... will wait to file anything with paypal for now but am thinking I have to do something within 20 days of auction? I'll have to go back and read that part...

Here's the final chapter on this one:

Got the bag. It smelled of mothballs - absolutely horrible! Authentic? Who knows... I posted pics but didn't see any responses.

I returned the bag for a full refund. I did use Paypal Dispute to communicate with seller and received my refund when I shipped and provided tracking number.

Glad this is over - learned my lesson!!

:sweatdrop:Phew. That must have been scary! That heart drops in your mouth feeling. I hope everything goes well. I am looking at a Chanel on ebay as we speak, the bordeaux quilted lambskin, now I am scared!

Well at least the smelly bag is out of your life now! Well done on getting it sorted.

It's irritating that eBay really can't be trusted. I live in Australia and there are lots of brands that simply aren't available over here, so it's incredibly tempting when you see something 'authentic' on eBay to jump in. I know there's usually a fair bit of chat on PF that nothing comes close to the experience of buying your bag in the store, but not everyone has that option...will obviously have to marry a tall handsome US boy and move pronto!

Ah, the shopping, the shopping!