HELP!!! I squashed my new Ellipse!!!

Eva.Gao

Jul 24, 2006
So, I bought a new Ellipse about 3 months ago, and I've been using it as my everyday bag. I have to admit, I haven't been as careful as I should with this bag, and last night, I noticed that the bag is pretty badly squashed and there are some pretty noticable creases in the canvas. I don't know what gives the Ellipse it's shape, but whatever it is, it seems as though I bent it too much and it is no longer round and smooth anymore... :crybaby:

I've been stressing about this ever since, and I stuffed some towels inside it to hopefully give it more shape (of course that didn't work). Any ideas as to what I can do??? Maybe since it's such a new bag, as it gets older and less stiff, the creases wont be as visible anymore???

Pix of my poor Ellipse:

PICT1045.jpg

PICT1047.jpg

PICT1050.jpg

PICT1051.jpg

Pretty bad, I know. Please let me know what I can do!

Can you try gently bending the creases back to its normal shape? I hope that helps! I don't think that stuffing soft towels in it would help, since the ellipse is rigid in structure.

Eyelove:
I tried bending it back, lol, but yea, it didn't make it worse, but it definitely did not help... I know the towel was a stupid idea, but I really didn't know what to do...

Lisa:
Thanks so much for saying that! It really did make me feel better. I was hoping that maybe all Ellipses would eventually be somewhat squashed, but I did a search on eBay, and they had some pretty old Ellipses that were still round with no creases. I guess that's why I feel so crappy now, having a practically new one with more creases than the vintage ones. Lol...

I don't know, I guess since I'm pretty rough with my Speedy 25, and it held up beautifully, I really didn't think much about caring for the Ellipse. I should've known that since it is rigid, it requires more care...

I don't think it looks bad either. I know several members swear by using the heat of the sun to help bags get rid of the creases their Speedies get from being folded. It might help to stuff the bag with towls & manipulate the towels to give the shape you want & leave the bag in a sunny place. The sun will affect the vachetta though, darkening it a bit.

I believe some people have even gone so far as to use a hairdryer on the inside canvas to remove creases from their speedy - i dont know if this would help. But I would just becareful with overdoing it and ruining the bag.

I'd take it back to LV and see if they can repair the dent. I wouldn't do anything to it other than stuff them w/ old t-shirts or towels for the time being. Hope it gets fixed soon. GL!

I had same problem with the bottom of my Trouville..i put towels inside and then i put the bag on the window exposed to the sun..it worked! The sunshine makes the canvas soft, so it takes the shape you give!

(i hope you can understand my poor english!)

I'll try to put my Ellipse under the sun as soon as the weather clears up... It's been so0o0o gloomy over here lately. If that won't work, I'll try calling Vuitton and see what they can do for me.

Thanks so much ladies for the help and suggestions!

Eva.Gao said:
I'll try to put my Ellipse under the sun as soon as the weather clears up... It's been so0o0o gloomy over here lately. If that won't work, I'll try calling Vuitton and see what they can do for me.

Thanks so much ladies for the help and suggestions!

i hope it can turn back its original shape!:flowers: