Help! I sold a very high-priced item to Greece and it has been in customs for 6 days!

hi, mimi..i am also from Greece..and i have the same problem with u with a pair of LV sneakers i bought and my girlfriend with a chanel bag that she bought..do not worry..if you have tracking number there is no way for your package to be lost..it just takes more time to clear customs and also there many strikes these period in Greece and may these delay the parcel more..
i can tell you also to tell the seller to check in the Elta site

http://212.205.82.71/trackandtrace/

and also phone in 8001182000

which is the central of Greek post office and give the tracking number to tell him what to do..

hope i ve helped..

Thanks for your support and information, michail! That was really helpful. I will ask the buyer to check out the site. I appreciate it!

UPDATE....

I called USPS and they said the Greek Post said that the receive needs to contact them and left a number. I'm not even sure if they tried notifying her. Any idea why? I've already emailed the buyer to give her the phone# and message.

I hope that everything will turn out okay!

UPDATE....

I called USPS and they said the Greek Post said that the receive needs to contact them and left a number. I'm not even sure if they tried notifying her. Any idea why? I've already emailed the buyer to give her the phone# and message.

They probably want to collect their duties and customs fees. Crossing mu fingers for you

Mimi,
since the amount stated is high, it is possible that the buyer pays custom fees. But again, since you used USPS, it will be the lowest one, in comparison with UPS for example.
When the buyer enters the tracking number at the hellenic post tracking page,
which is the recent status?
You could do that too and post it here, as it is in greek, and maybe we could help you more with Michail.

I hope this situation ends soon!

PS: Have you communicated with the buyer lately?

Mimi,
since the amount stated is high, it is possible that the buyer pays custom fees. But again, since you used USPS, it will be the lowest one, in comparison with UPS for example.
When the buyer enters the tracking number at the hellenic post tracking page,
which is the recent status?
You could do that too and post it here, as it is in greek, and maybe we could help you more with Michail.

I hope this situation ends soon!

PS: Have you communicated with the buyer lately?

Hi ginaki,

I've actually tried that several times and nothing comes up. It says invalid. I also tried calling the hellenic post, but no answer. I will keep trying. I emailed the buyer, but she hasn't got back to me yet.

Thank you for offering to help. I really appreciate your support. These past two weeks have been very stressful!

Thank you!!!!

I wish I could help you more...
I understand that you worry about it, if you get some information about the status of the order from the hellenic post tracking page, please post it, so I can have a more clear picture of it and try to help you again...

I wish I could help you more...
I understand that you worry about it, if you get some information about the status of the order from the hellenic post tracking page, please post it, so I can have a more clear picture of it and try to help you again...

Hi ginaki,

I got a response from an email that I sent, but it's in greek. I pm'ed you with the message. Thank you for helping!!!

mimi

Mimi,

I replied to you with pm, hope you got it, it is the first time I do it, so I hope I didn´ t do anything wrong!
Please tell me if you don´t get it!

UPDATE....

the best way to resolve this problem is to tell the buyer to visit his/her local post office with the tracking number that you gave him/her and ask for the parcel...that os what i am usally doing..

the best way to resolve this problem is to tell the buyer to visit his/her local post office with the tracking number that you gave him/her and ask for the parcel...that os what i am usally doing..

Thanks, Michail! I e-mailed the buyer via ebay to let her know that she needs to contact the customs office along with the phone number. Hope she gets her package soon :smile:

Thank you for your help!!!

UPDATE:

I just got an e-mail from the buyer and they were charging her 210 Euros in customs, but she did not have a check. Later she came back (she has a young baby) and they said that they would only charge her 40 euros (as a gift to her). That was nice! Her e-mail was a little unclear, but she said that she saw the shoes and that they were BEAUTIFUL!!! But, she didn't say that she took it home and the USPS tracking said that it cleared customs. Not sure what actually happened????

Do you think that she paid the customs fees and she was able to view her package and they took it back to deliver? If it is being delivered, how long does it normally take to get to her??? I sent it Express International and it cleared customs at about 3:00pm Greece time.

Can anyone chime in and tell me the process??? It seems silly that they would open the package and reseal to deliver it. I mean, she was already there and paid the fees, so shouldn't she be able to pick it up. AM I missing something???

I just want the shoes to be in her possession already..... THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR LISTENING!!!

Last edited:
you have shipped with usps right??it is not common to pay 40 or 210 euros if you shipped with usps..i have bought the lv sneakers for 800$ and i paid 3 euros..i think the biggest amount for her to pay if you have shipped with usps is 3 euro...
because i have paid one time for customs this happens for item shipped from USA with fedex or ups but when you pay the fees you get immediately and your parcel..

you have shipped with usps right??it is not common to pay 40 or 210 euros if you shipped with usps..i have bought the lv sneakers for 800$ and i paid 3 euros..i think the biggest amount for her to pay if you have shipped with usps is 3 euro...
because i have paid one time for customs this happens for item shipped from USA with fedex or ups but when you pay the fees you get immediately and your parcel..

Hi Michail!

She said that at first, they asked her for an invoice and then she said it was a gift. Then, they asked for 210 Euros but she didn't have a check. She came back later and charged her 40 Euros. THe price I put on the form was $650. But, she paid it since it cleared customs. I don't know how she would be able to see her shoes. Do they open the box for you? She just said that she saw them and never said that she actually has them. On the USPS website, it just says it cleared customs and not delivered.

When you paid customs, you immediately got your package? Was that package UPS or Fedex or USPS? I think that they are gonna deliver it?? It doesn't seem like she actually has it yet.

I think that I worry too much, but I am now afraid that they opened the package and did not repackage well. These are very delicate shoes and I hope they arrive safely!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!