Help! I ruined the leather of my shoes!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm so sad, I scraped the leather off a pair of heels I really love today. There was a hole in the pavement and the heel sank in and part of the leather near the heel tip has now come loose, and I can see the plastic heel underneath. Is there anything that a cobbler can do, I wonder? The small piece of leather has not completely come off and it's still attached (hope you know what I mean) and I'm wondering if cobblers are able to reattach it? Thanks!

2. A good shoe repair service can sometimes re-glue the leather - if it is still attached (as you say - yours is). I have had success with that.

Sometimes they have suggested to me that the damage is such, that I need to recover both heels with new leather, which I have done also, when needed.

Good luck.:tup:

3. I think there are a lot of posts about this, as this is unfortunately a common occurrence. If you do a search maybe you'll also get more info about what others have done to fix it.