Help! I received my bag today but..

ember23

O.G.
Oct 19, 2010
I received my large Sabrina today that I got from Ebay. The listing said brand new with tags attached and dust bag.

It does have the dustbag and the tags are attched but there are little scratches on one of the metal feet.

There is also a 2cm by 0.5 cm scratch on the top part of the bag that is quite noticeable.

My BF even noticed that scratch on the leather immediately and he has not even hold it yet! :sad: What should I do?

I have contacted the seller about it and I hope the seller is a reasonable person to deal with. The auction states that I can return the item within 7 days though but I have to pay for the shipping costs. I am from New Zealand and it will probably cost me $50.00 to return the bag.

It is quite unfair since I purchased it as a brand new bag and the scratches were not mentioned on the auction :sad:

NITE_FOXX

Feb 14, 2010
BEAUTIFUL SOUTH
hi, as far as the shipping it is the responsibility of the buyer for returns no matter what. you can try to discuss with the seller but its not likely they will pay it for you. good luck though.hopefully they are nice to work with.

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I had one ebay seller refund me for shipping but we are talking $10 opposed to $50. Yikes! Buying from ebay is always a gamble....was it a seller with 100% positive feedback as well?

You might want to see if the seller will refund part of your shipping as I am doubtful they will refund the entire amount. Normal US shipping might be around $12-$15 for that item.....they may be willing to refund that. I know it is not all but it is something. First see if they will refund half your shipping cost of $25...if not, then work down to the $12-$15.

Sorry this happenned to you. I have purchased from a UK company and had to pay $40 to ship my item back as well as $40 for original shipping so I understand your frustration.

giagnm

O.G.
Feb 11, 2009
Bag Heaven
If you want to keep the bag, ask for a partial refund since the bag is significantly not as described due to the noticable scratch.

Jul 3, 2006
I would keep it. Sabrinas scratch easily. Even if you had a brand new one, s scratch like that could happen the very first day. If you got it at a good price, I wouldn't lose the $50 shipping to send it back. You could ask for something for the scratch, and I agree she should have told you, but it may have happened when she was packing it to ship or even during shipping. She may just refund you and then you'll be out the bag and your shipping. Since they scratch so easily anyway, I think I would keep it and enjoy it and not lose $50 to ship it back. It's a pretty bag. Scratches will happen when you start using it anyway unfortunately. I'd ask for a small token for the scratch and see what she says. I'm sorry this happened. I think eBay is pretty clear on return shipping, so I sure would see what the seller offers first. Good luck!

katierose

Loves Charms & Bags
O.G.
Feb 17, 2009
California
The leather on Sabrinas does scratch easily and I've seen several at the outlets that are brand new with significant scratches. My outlet won't reduce the price on bags for scratches saying the bags are already reduced (30% off). If you got it at a good price, I'd probably just keep it and ask the seller for a partial refund (maybe take a photo of the scratch and send to her.)

OTOH, if this ruins the Sabrina for you, send it back and be done with it, even if you have to eat the shipping.

ralewi

O.G.
Jun 11, 2010
I would ask the seller for partial refund. If they have 100% feedback they might be more likely to do it.

Coachnut

Apr 28, 2006
Michigan
The seller may not have thought anything of the scratch since those bags do scratch easily and it could have been there when it was purchased.

manolita

Oct 15, 2010
Seattle
I would keep it. Sabrinas scratch easily. Even if you had a brand new one, s scratch like that could happen the very first day. If you got it at a good price, I wouldn't lose the $50 shipping to send it back. You could ask for something for the scratch, and I agree she should have told you, but it may have happened when she was packing it to ship or even during shipping. She may just refund you and then you'll be out the bag and your shipping. Since they scratch so easily anyway, I think I would keep it and enjoy it and not lose $50 to ship it back. It's a pretty bag. Scratches will happen when you start using it anyway unfortunately. I'd ask for a small token for the scratch and see what she says. I'm sorry this happened. I think eBay is pretty clear on return shipping, so I sure would see what the seller offers first. Good luck!
I agree, hope everything woks out at the end...

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Partials are bogus - I agree. You can ding her stars on description if you wish.

Why don't you post some photos so the girsl can see what you are talking about.

MrsPink82

Retail Therapy :)
Oct 9, 2009
Kentucky
I would give the seller an option to correct the situation before you write a review. It this bag scratches that easily it may not be something she was aware of if it happened during shipping.

AhCapp

@ Whimsical Lane
Jul 22, 2009
Hot and sunny island
Hi I stay in Singapore and I have similar experiences like you too. I have a BNWT black soho hobo whose leather looks quite wrinkles on one side, a BMWT brown Kristin shoulder flap with a small nick off the leather and a BNWT green Kristin shoulder flap whose buckle was a bit tarnished. I bought all these from eBay.

For all these 3 cases I did not feedback to the seller because the cheap prices I got for them are more than sufficient to make up for their flaws. I think I love them too much to want to send them back for a return.

If the scratch on your bag is bothering you, I would suggest you contact your seller and see what can he do. Even a partial refund on the bag or the shipping will help. :smile: