HELP! i purchased a fake Jimmy Choo.

ms_le

Nov 6, 2007
Hi Guys, i'm all new to this, so please do tell me if i'm doing anything wrong.

This is my story... I found a Jimmy Choo clutch on eBay, bid on it and won. On date of arrival i find that it's a knockoff. It's made in China? I've escalated this claim with paypal & this is what they've sent me;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're contacting you to request some additional information about your case.
-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
Transaction Date: 28 Oct 2007
Transaction Amount: -$132.50 AUD
Your Transaction ID: 53X18351G6973473E
Seller s Transaction ID: 0FJ99410FM085402K
Case Number: PP-362-207-621
Seller's Name: Tess Bevacqua
Seller's Email: *******************
Please provide documentation to confirm that the item you purchased is not
authentic. This documentation should be from an unbiased third party, such
as an appraiser or dealer. The third party should be someone who is
qualified to appraise the item you received.
The information should be on letterhead that includes the name, address,
and phone number of the appraiser so that we may contact them if we require
additional information. We are unable to reimburse you for any cost
associated with obtaining this documentation.
Any documents you provide may be supplied to the seller, at their request.
Deadline: 10 calendar days
Please visit PayPal s Resolution Center to submit your documentation.
If we do not hear from you within 10 calendar days, the case will be closed.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Janine
Protection Services Department
PayPal, an eBay Company

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know where i can get this documentation? If possibly online? We do not have any Jimmy Choo boutiques in Melbourne.

Seller insists this bag is real... guys please take a look.... obviously it's not.

I've also attached pictures of this bag.

Attachments

• Canon Pictures nov2007 062.jpg
    Canon Pictures nov2007 062.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 213
  • Canon Pictures nov2007 059.jpg
    Canon Pictures nov2007 059.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Canon Pictures nov2007 058.jpg
    Canon Pictures nov2007 058.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Canon Pictures nov2007 056.jpg
    Canon Pictures nov2007 056.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Canon Pictures nov2007 063.jpg
    Canon Pictures nov2007 063.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 133
I am sorry this happened to you.

eBay acknowledges mypoupette.com and caroldiva.com's authentication letter. However, I don't know if those two sites will authentic Jimmy Choo. Please check their website and email them. PayPal gives 10 days to issue the letter, so you'd better acting it fast. I have never worked with mypoupette.com, but I worked with caroldiva.com before and she is wonderful.

If mypoupette.com or caroldiva.com doesn't authenticate Jimmy Choo, you could contact your credit card company (provided you paid by cc) and request a chargeback. Usually your credit card company will require a signature of receiving proof before issuing you the refund. You will need to send the bag back to the seller and require a signature of receiving. You don't need to inform the seller you are sending the bag back; otherwise he/she may reject the package.

Next time, please post the authentication question prior your bidding to each brand's subforum. There are many experts should be able to help you.

Good Luck!

thankyou handbag angel! i've just sent emails to mypoupette.com and caroldiva.com! If paypal fails to reimburse me... i will proceed with a chargeback.

*mwahz*

Please keep the original package so you know seller's shipping address. Hold for sending it back until hearing from PayPal or CC's instruction. You could Yahoo to map the address to make sure it is a real address before send it back. Good luck!

That bag is so obviously fake! Go to my guide on e-bay about fake Jimmy Choo to see some pics of real and fake bags. I have a picture of an authentic Marin...maybe you can copy the pics and send to paypal. What is the sellers e-bay name? There have been so many fakes of this style lately on e-bay. I report them all the time! You must leave neg feedback to warn others!
And ALWAYS have the Choo girls on this forum take a look at any Choo bag you are considering on e-bay.