Help! I need your classic Chanel bag expertise!!!

Sourisbrune

Peace!
May 30, 2015
West Coast, USA; Paris; Monaco
I have a 2009 silver hardware single flap black caviar classic Jumbo. Phew! It sounds like a Starbuck's order. :whut:

Off and on, I've found it awkward to carry. It's a little too big. I've used it (maybe) three or four times in the past eight months. I'm always slinging a "CC" waist bag or my Gabrielle over my shoulder. Am I alone in thinking my Jumbo is a little awkward?

What would be a good (calfskin) classic to get that is a slightly smaller. I love the look of Boy bags on other people, but they look awful on me. I shoulder carry and would prefer single flap, if possible.

I have three days left to decide if I want to consign my Jumbo at the price I've been offered. Eeeeeeeek! Help!:panic:

Thank you!

Reactions: PWM

UCDChick08

O.G.
May 29, 2008
I have a 2009 silver hardware single flap black caviar classic Jumbo. Phew! It sounds like a Starbuck's order. :whut:

Off and on, I've found it awkward to carry. It's a little too big. I've used it (maybe) three or four times in the past eight months. I'm always slinging a "CC" waist bag or my Gabrielle over my shoulder. Am I alone in thinking my Jumbo is a little awkward?

What would be a good (calfskin) classic to get that is a slightly smaller. I love the look of Boy bags on other people, but they look awful on me. I shoulder carry and would prefer single flap, if possible.

I have three days left to decide if I want to consign my Jumbo at the price I've been offered. Eeeeeeeek! Help!:panic:

Thank you!
You're not alone! I have the same bag from 2010 and I have not carried it regularly since 2014?! I think I only carried it once last year. For some reason, it does look awkwardly big now, but it didn't before! I know the jumbo doesn't fit my current lifestyle (I have a toddler and small crossbody bags work better for me now), but it shouldn't make the jumbo look awkwardly big lol. I don't have any advice for you on whether if you should sell or keep the bag. All I can say is that I'm not planning to sell mine anytime soon (although I've thought about it many times) because it'll be extremely difficult to buy it back (not only that the single flap is discounted, it'll be hard to find one in excellent condition like mine). I'm also hoping to use it again once my daughter is older and maybe I'll change my mind about the size again then. Lol

Besides the minis, I also really like the small flaps. It's not as bulky/heavy as the m/l and it still has that classic look (shoulder carry) with plenty of room for your stuff. Not sure if the small flaps are available in the US though; I did see them in Europe last month.

Good luck with your decision! [emoji4]

Reactions: PWM and Sourisbrune

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
Marcel's
I love my single flap jumbos and maxi's, if you don't sell and get something you love. Just because it is a classic, it doesn't mean it is for you. Sell and go shopping!

Reactions: Sourisbrune