HELP! I need to go to Jewellery Anonymous!

MissMee

Full-time Mummy
Feb 3, 2013
I think I have a problem...as in a jewellery addiction problem!
I see something I love & I think "this is it! This is what I REALLY want, nothing else & I'll wear this forever" - I feel like my life will be compete if I get it & I'll never want another piece of jewellery!
BUT as soon as I get the piece I want, I see something ELSE I want & I'm not completely happy with what I've got!
It's not normal, I'm sure it's some sort of problem! Anyone else like this? Please don't let me be the only one!

Um, my spouse would say I am obsessed! (In fact he did yesterday!)

I've recently dedicated myself to a ring project. I've been spending a fair amount of time deciding what exactly I want. Looking online, talking to jewelers.
In my defense I have had surgery on both feet, back to back, this winter and I have 4 1/2 more weeks of recovery in a surgical boot. I have been so bored and shoe deprived!
Also I just love jewelry.....and I could collect it endlessly, but I don't wear much. I have let go of owning every piece I fall in love with... For me it's gotten easier because I just don't like wearing a lot of accessories/jewelry at once, so I rotate. But I can get obsessed with a piece if I let myself!

I think I have a problem...as in a jewellery addiction problem!
I see something I love & I think "this is it! This is what I REALLY want, nothing else & I'll wear this forever" - I feel like my life will be compete if I get it & I'll never want another piece of jewellery!
BUT as soon as I get the piece I want, I see something ELSE I want & I'm not completely happy with what I've got!
It's not normal, I'm sure it's some sort of problem! Anyone else like this? Please don't let me be the only one!

Yes, I could have written this myself. I am not allowed to buy anything else.
I've decided I need to shop my closet and wear the pieces I have.

I've often thought I need a jewelry intervention. Imagine what a fun series that would be on TLC.
I think a reality show about jewellery addicts would just FEED my addiction!

Ha ha -imagine us all sitting in a circle of chairs recalling just how we became addicted, what "caused" our addiction, and how we were trying to get our lives back on track - JEWELLERY FREE!

Actually, me & a jewellery-free life would be a nightmare! :sad:
xMMx

Okay so going by the replies I've had I am certainly not alone.
But I can't help feeling guilty, like it's totally selfish & vain to want more & more & more jewellery & to not be happy when I get that much lusted after piece because I've found something else I've fallen in love with...
Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!
xMMx

Hey, that sounds familiar. Like a problem I have too :cray:
I remember having this dream when I was 7 years old, about "friends" stealing my jewelry box, which was my most prized possession at the time (still is). Imagine, this was a dream I had almost 20 years ago and I can still remember it. Apart from that, my mother always says things like "Stop buying so much jewelry! You can't eat or travel with jewelry!!!"

I think a reality show about jewellery addicts would just FEED my addiction!

Ha ha -imagine us all sitting in a circle of chairs recalling just how we became addicted, what "caused" our addiction, and how we were trying to get our lives back on track - JEWELLERY FREE!

Actually, me & a jewellery-free life would be a nightmare! :sad:
xMMx

Oh yes, lots of us in this boat! I'm like that too.

What caused it? Not sure but I know who ENABLES mine!!!

(yes I'm talking to ALL OF YOU!!!) :P

you know... before tpf i was perfectly happy carrying purses from walmart and silver jewelry from ross.

And I keep telling myself that after THIS piece, I'll be happy and done. No, but really I have just one pair of earrings and one necklace on my mind and then I think I should take a break from this forum! lol