help i need some advice

I agree that she should def go thru Ebay. Did you find out whether that letter from Dior is legit? Do you know which Dior? Perhaps call them to find out whether it was true that she went there to authenticate. She claimed to have done this but you need to find out whether it's actually true. Dior must have some record of her taking the bag there since she said she paid to have it authenticated and the bag was confiscated. I say call them and find out. Good luck! Keep us posted! But for future reference, if you purchased something from Ebay, try to get it Authenticated here before reselling it on Ebay. That's what I did. I wanted to sell a Gucci bag that I had purchased years ago on Ebay, but I had it authenticated here first and it's actually questionable (was not confirmed for sure it was fake). But I never sold it.. just in case it is in fact fake.

After reading this thread FAST, I have 2 thoughts.

1. Your buyer refused to send the bag back to you UNTIL you sent her a refund? How many retail stores do that? NONE.

2. Rather than send the bag back to you with signature confirmation (then she knows you received it) she opts to pay a good sum of money to have it authenticated? What is the time frame from when she said she was sending it to Dior until she said it was deemed fake? How long does Dior take to do this when sending them an item? I'd call Dior and ask them how long.

Personally, IF I think a bag looks counterfeit I am never going to like it, so I would glady return it for my money back. I would not pay more money to have it authenticated UNLESS you refused a refund and I had no other option.

I think your buyer is a scammer. She wants the bag for FREE, authentic or not. Even with a copy of a letter or a contact name and phone number from Dior, you canNOT be sure it was YOUR bag. I do highly doubt she sent any bag though. I would ignore any further emails or phone calls from her. If she kept calling I would report HER for harassing me.

The lawyer threat is no doubt just that, a threat! I get so sick of ebayers claiming they are contacting their attorney. She does not have any proof of WHAT bag you sent her since she no longer has it, according to her. So whats her proof?

I also think you should have KNOWN POSITIVELY the bag was authentic before selling it. I have never bought a bag off ebay that I didn't get authenticated by someone who works for whatever designer. It is always a verbal, but at least I know its authentic.