Help! I need industrial strength chapstick!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I seem to have chronically chapped lips. They crack and peel ALL of the time. It looks like I have permanent pink lipstick on, and it doesn't help that I have a nasty habit of picking the dry skin off. I practically bathe in carmex and any sort of chapstick I can find, but nothing helps. Does anyone have any suggestions for some sort of "extra-strength" chapstick?

2. regular use of vaseline. use nightly for smooth lips in the morning.

3. It's recommended to remove the dry skin - but I'd stop picking it off.
    Use a warm damp washcloth & gently rub it off.

I have the same problem...... and nothing I've tried has cured it. I think I just have dry skin/lips - I'm going to try vitamin E in addition to what I do already & see if that helps.

4. Vaseline Lip Therapy with aloe vera , and when you go out use vaseline lip therapy with SPF 15. They are really affordable, and last forever!!

5. A lot of people who use accutane which really dries out your skin use Aquaphor. I haven't tried it but it probably works well.

6. ^^ My dermatologist told me to use Aquaphor as well. It's supposed to be the best thing for your lips!

7. Aquaphor is the BEST!!!

8. I use an old toothbrush to lightly exfoliate them at night and then use aquaphor. I keep gloss or lip balm on during the day.

9. I use carmex , my lips are really sensitive to a lot of things I eat and they get really Red and puffy and Carmex always helps

10. Where do we buy Aquaphor ?

11. Do you exfoliate every night? I have a lip exfoliater from C.o. Bigelow, and then use Fresh Sugar lip balm

12. Growing up, i had a chronic habit of picking my lips. I dont know why! I just did. It made them painful, cracked and chapped all the time but it I was desperatley trying to get them to heal.
    I then found out, they are the second facial feature that age the quickest!! (eyes being the first)
    :-o
    Before I go to bed, i smooth anit-aging eye cream onto my lips! I swear by it. When you wake up, they are firm, smooth and on their way to healing.
    During the day, invest in a good lipbalm with spf and apply all through the day. Avoid picking or chewing lips. Also try not to lick your lips as this will only dry them out more.

13. Last night after getting all the dead skin off I broke open one of those soft vitamin E capsules & put that on my lips - felt great, lips are a LOT better this morning too. I'm going to do this every night & hopefully it helps!

14. You want to make sure you don't have eczema. You might want to go to a dermatologist. I thought I had really bad chapped lips especially the irritated skin directly around my lips and I ended up having eczema. I used a prescribed cream which helps alot and aquaphor. You can buy aquaphor at Walmart, Target, basically most drugstores. Bed, bath and beyond has small travel sizes that I like to keep in my purse. You can actually use aquaphor on any body part thats really dry. I use it on my lips, feet and hands. Little bit goes a long way though.

15. You can get aquaphor at Walgreens, Walmart, Kmart...