Help I need advice on a buyer...

JustAgUrL

O.G.
Oct 11, 2007
Hi..

I have been around ebay for many years.... I have sold things here and there...
However, recently... I opened an Ebay store selling high end designer items...

I live in Sweden.... so shipping is VERY expensive.... and getting shipping with
tracking to the buyers door is VERY difficult and using UPS or Fedex is just NOT an option.... they charge OVER $160 to ship SMALL items to the USA....

Anyway.... I just got my first neutral out of 7 transactions..... Buyer says the bra is the wrong size.... Well... I know that it isn't.... it is a French 90.... Agent Provocateur french size 90.... they are claiming it is a 38 D....
I know it is NOWHERE near a 38 D..... as It was a smidge tight for me....
and I am a 36B......

anyway....
I also just had a buyer win one of my auctions for a pair of Christian Louboutin Materna Pumps...

I specify in my listing that if the buyer has less than 30 Feedback to please contact me.....
this new buyer only has 12 feedback.....
out of 10 feedback she has left for others.... she has left 2 Negs.....

The one that concerns me is one where around Christmas she bought a Burberry Scarf from Italy on Friday December 14th.... she is in the USA.....
she left Neg Feedback on December 28th ... stating that she has not received the item..... and that she contacted her Bank to get her money back..... :cursing:

This is worrisome to me that around Christmas she does NOT realize that an item from Italy is going to take longer than 2 weeks to arrive.....

The Neutral that I received was from a buyer who only had 2 feedback when they bought my item even tho in my listing I ask that Lower Feedback buyers contact me before placing a bid....
and now TWICE lower feedback buyers have gone against my wishes....

I am just starting out with my ebay store..... I can NOT afford to have these kinds of buyers right from the get go...... I sell high end items.... I need customer trust....
I am at a loss as to what to do here.....

How do I deal with my new Louboutin buyer????

I am thinking that canceling this transaction might be the best move.....

What do you think?????

and how can I do this within the rules????

Persoanlly, if you're not comfortable with a buyer, cancel their bid and block them. I did this with a buyer who was bidding on an item of mine and their feedback showed some non-paying bidder stats.

Persoanlly, if you're not comfortable with a buyer, cancel their bid and block them. I did this with a buyer who was bidding on an item of mine and their feedback showed some non-paying bidder stats.

Mine so far has no NPB stats, as far as I know.....
Where would I find these????

Something just looks OFF to me...

Is it within the rules here to post a link to their history???

If you look at her buying history and feedback left for others, you will see what I mean.....

As a seller that sells high end designer items, I understand where you are coming from. That neutral will not reflect on you as a seller. Most smart buyers will see it for what it is when they read it. I would suggest to reply to it professional with the facts. Do not call the buyer names or be accusatory. That will be a reflection on you. Did the buyer communicate the issue before leaving the feedback? Di you try to resolve it? If not, just state: "Buyer did not communicate dissatisfaction prior to leaving feedback. Would have been happy to resolve given a chance." Shorten it a little bit to make it fit.
As far as Louboutin buyer, since she already purchased the item, you should ship. If you cancel you can be pretty sure she will neg you. Of course, she can neg you either way, but you don't know that. Unfortunately since you are a new seller (not sure how many feedbacks as a seller you have) and selling in high fraud category you may look like an easy target. Most of the buyers on Ebay are good, but there are few that are not. There will always be buyers who will leave a less then positive feedback for no reason or for evaluating not your performance as a seller, but the performance of the postal system or the manufacturer or their own bad decision on purchasing the item they can't afford. I have one neutral because the buyer felt that she paid too much for the item (she should neg herself for not doing her research before purchase). I also have one from Australian buyer because the item did not arrive within 5-7 business days, but arrived after 9.
Just remember to always be professional in your replies.

Personally, I think a 30-feedback minimum is a lot of feedback to require (or request) contact prior to bidding. I can understand requesting that bidders with fewer than 5 or maybe even fewer than 10 feedbacks contact you to confirm that they're serious. But 30? Yikes!

Personally, I think a 30-feedback minimum is a lot of feedback to require (or request) contact prior to bidding. I can understand requesting that bidders with fewer than 5 or maybe even fewer than 10 feedbacks contact you to confirm that they're serious. But 30? Yikes!

actually... it is more so I can see if they actually READ the listing.....

Too many buyers just read the title....

Of course I would be flexible...... I just want to see if they are reading the
actual page.... :smile:

^If you are selling items over 250$ and you don't have any good shipping services, I suggest you to contact UPS. I only sell 1-2 items a month, but I contacted them and they gave me a 65% discount on shipping to USA/Canada/Australia plus 68% on shipping within EU.
Here (Italy) it's difficult as well to have full tracking + signature confirmation, but with UPS you have a very detailed tracking + image of signature visible online.
They do charge brokeage fees (!), but in 2 days your item will be delivered overseas.

If you ship registered with signature confirmation from posten you can track all the way in the US. Posten.se in sweden and then ups.com when it enters the Us. Yes, it will cost a lot but it is very easy.

^If you are selling items over 250$ and you don't have any good shipping services, I suggest you to contact UPS. I only sell 1-2 items a month, but I contacted them and they gave me a 65% discount on shipping to USA/Canada/Australia plus 68% on shipping within EU.
Here (Italy) it's difficult as well to have full tracking + signature confirmation, but with UPS you have a very detailed tracking + image of signature visible online.
They do charge brokeage fees (!), but in 2 days your item will be delivered overseas.

Thanks for this info:smile:.

Thank you for the info on this.....

I only looked at the UPS website and it said 1,600 Kronor.... that is around $200....

I will call them tomorrow and see what they have to say.... :smile:

If you ship registered with signature confirmation from posten you can track all the way in the US. Posten.se in sweden and then ups.com when it enters the Us. Yes, it will cost a lot but it is very easy.

REALLY?????

How do I do this?????/

I have to look into this option.....

What do you mean by costing a LOT???

As it is... I have to charge $45 to ship a handbag or shoes with shoe box
and that is with Posten... with tracking ....
Tho, I looked up my tracking of some packages that I sent out... and it is only showing tracking til it leaves Sweden... than there is no more online info.....

REALLY?????

How do I do this?????/

I have to look into this option.....

What do you mean by costing a LOT???

As it is... I have to charge $45 to ship a handbag or shoes with shoe box
and that is with Posten... with tracking ....
Tho, I looked up my tracking of some packages that I sent out... and it is only showing tracking til it leaves Sweden... than there is no more online info.....

When you track in the usa you need to go via usps.com to search, it wont work on posten to view it all the way:smile:.

You're both welcome. I opened an account with them and I'm super happy with this.

Thank you for the idea....

I called UPS... and NO such luck for me here in Sweden...

They said it would cost me around 2.000 Sek / Swedish Kronor....

That is about $300 US currency.... :shocked: :wtf:

Oh well... it is a great idea.....

Hope it works for other countries.... :smile: