HELP!! I lost my roommates Matinee in wine!! What can I DO?!?!? =[

moonman272

Nov 28, 2008
Im freaking out people, I did something HORRIBLE. My roommate (vietangel713) asked me to bring her work clothes and purse(Minkoff Matinee- wine) to school when I met her there today, I took the bus, it was pretty packed, so I put my backpack on my lap, and her purse at my feet, in a plastic bag to protect it mind you.

I was texting her as I arrived at school, not being a girl, nor being used to carrying a purse, but mostly because I'm scatterbrained, I walked right off the bus, and left the purse under the seat......I walked about 300 feet away before I noticed :wtf:,I ran back to where the bus was as my head was about to explode....I ran in the direction the bus would have gone as far as I could before I came to grips with the fact that there was no chance of catching the bus.... =/

I got the next bus driver to radio in and send out a call to the bus drivers on that route to look for a white plastic bag under a seat with a red purse in it, nothing was found, theres a chance it made it to the last stop could be there in a day or two, but really, I am not that hopeful....:shrugs:

here is the purse... http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...miniature-minkie-pile-412034.html#post9365425

So now, this is where I am, she is going to KILL me, I've had a stomach ache all day over it, and it just keeps getting worse....she saved up for that purse for so long and it was a BIG purchase for her, plus she works so hard and has so much going on in that she REALLY deserves it...

Now this is where you guys come in, I was hoping SOMEONE could point me in the direction of where I could possibly find one, the only place I've seen it is directly on the minkoff website for 650, so I'm glad its availible, but I was hoping someone knew where I could get it cheaper, not because I'm cheap...but because I just dont have 650 yet, and I want to get her a new purse as soon as possible, the longer she is without it the sadder she'll be and the worse I'll feel.... =[....So if anyone can help with an idea where to get one, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, i'm open to suggestions, thanks for the help guys....I really need it =/

I'm sorry about your situation moonman272, but it is against TPF rules to offer to buy or sell bags on this site. Please PM me if you have any questions - littlerock80

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... really sorry to hear that this happened.

I would suggest looking on eBay, bonanzle.com, and ecrater.com if you're concerned about paying full price.

I haven't seen the Wine Matinee on the RM website in a long time, but if you contact RM, Codi, or Catalina directly, they can do an inventory check for you. I asked about a Wine MAM once (when it wasn't on the website) and they luckily had one just sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

I think it would be a very nice gesture on your part to get her a brand new matinee, just because you did misplace it (sorry.) If you find one on ebay/ecrater/bonanzle, it could be used and have impurities, but at least she'll have a matinee.

Good luck!

First, and foremost. . . I am SO SORRY this happened to you. How aweful!

I think you're gonna have to suck it up and get it directly from RM.com. It's against tPF rules to sell purses to each other outright. You would have to lurk on eBay or ecrater for one, but even then, they are hard to come by, let alone someone selling it for less than what they paid for it.

Oh my god dear this is so awful and such a bad position to be in. The hard part is that it could easily happen to ANYBODY. I have been in similar situations (not anything as expensive as a purse though). I don't even know what to say to help, sadly if someone found it, and the person that found it was a girl, there is a very good chance that they would have just taken it, which is very very sad, but true. Call the bus place LOTS more times, make SURE they check EVERYWHERE.

Sadly wine matties are VERY hard to find. =/ And I would say never (to my knowledge) available under full price, no one is willing to let them go for less that I have seen. (If they were I would own one!)

I am sorry I can't be more helpful just call call call again and again and stress to them that this isn't just a purse, it's expensive!

Oh my god dear this is so awful and such a bad position to be in. The hard part is that it could easily happen to ANYBODY. I have been in similar situations (not anything as expensive as a purse though). I don't even know what to say to help, sadly if someone found it, and the person that found it was a girl, there is a very good chance that they would have just taken it, which is very very sad, but true. Call the bus place LOTS more times, make SURE they check EVERYWHERE.

Sadly wine matties are VERY hard to find. =/ And I would say never (to my knowledge) available under full price, no one is willing to let them go for less that I have seen. (If they were I would own one!)

I am sorry I can't be more helpful just call call call again and again and stress to them that this isn't just a purse, it's expensive!
I am definitely blowing up the transit office's telephones every little while to see if it showed up, the offices closed at 5 so I have to start again tomorrow, thanks for the ideas!

Wow... really sorry to hear that this happened.

I would suggest looking on eBay, bonanzle.com, and ecrater.com if you're concerned about paying full price.

I haven't seen the Wine Matinee on the RM website in a long time, but if you contact RM, Codi, or Catalina directly, they can do an inventory check for you. I asked about a Wine MAM once (when it wasn't on the website) and they luckily had one just sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

I think it would be a very nice gesture on your part to get her a brand new matinee, just because you did misplace it (sorry.) If you find one on ebay/ecrater/bonanzle, it could be used and have impurities, but at least she'll have a matinee.

Good luck!
I definitely prefer a new one, but I was worried that I would not have the full purchase price before it disappeared, and I was hoping to not have to borrow from her to replace her OWN purse, that just seems horrible =/... but that RM link I found was actually a dead old link, so it is not really an option either way =[

YES, hang up signs. If someone did steal it (is this a university-run bus line, or the city bus line?) they probably take the same bus route often. Maybe seeing the signs will make them feel guilty (especially if they're wearing the bag!) and they'll decide to return it. This is based on the idea that they have some kind of conscience.... but a thief is a thief.

So obviously she must know the situation right? I mean she has probably logged on and seen your post (since you included her screenname in your original post). I'm sorry this happened to you, it always sucks to lose things especially if it isn't yours and the guilt just looms over you. Could you post reward signs for it? Perhaps the person who found it doesn't know how expensive it is and would be motivated to return it for $50-100? Good luck!

Yes that is a good point be careful of a wine mattie showing up on e bay. If the seller is from this location, odds are VERY good it is a stolen bag.

And yes the signs are a must make the pic of a wine mattie BIG, because let's be honest how many people in the grand scheme of things wear RM bags, let alone that specific one? Not many. They will be very obvious walking around with the bag with those signs alerting that it is stolen around. Hopefully it will help.

So obviously she must know the situation right? I mean she has probably logged on and seen your post (since you included her screenname in your original post). I'm sorry this happened to you, it always sucks to lose things especially if it isn't yours and the guilt just looms over you. Could you post reward signs for it? Perhaps the person who found it doesn't know how expensive it is and would be motivated to return it for $50-100? Good luck!
She doesn't know yet, she is at work, headed home.She will know shortly though, first thing in the door I'm telling her. I was hoping the transit office could find it today, so I just kept calling until 5. I figured if I could get it back today, I'd save her the stress.

Also, I didn't want to tell her I lost it before work, because she has enough trouble dealing with rude people at work, she always comes home worn out....and lastly I figured it would be pretty cowardly to tell her as she runs off to work, this way if she needs to yell at me she can =/...sigh..I'm almost hoping she gets mad and yells, because It'll be horrible if I make her cry...