Help I just received fake LV handbag

LVLUVS

Mar 19, 2010
I'm so mad I just received a fake LV handbag. I emailed the seller three days ago when I received the bag. I told her I was so upset that she sold me a fake LV handbag. I told her I want to return the handbag and be refunded. She never responded to my emails, so I opened a dispute on ebay. She still has not responded to the dispute and now has changed her feedback to Private, so I cannot leave her feedback. I'm afraid that she will close her ebay account and I will not get my $600 back. Can anyone give me some advice? I'm really upset.

Last edited:
Sorry about this. You will be needing an authentication letter from Carol Diva to submitt to ebay/paypal supporting your claim. You might as well get onto that, it can take a while.

Sorry about this. You will be needing an authentication letter from Carol Diva to submitt to ebay/paypal supporting your claim. You might as well get onto that, it can take a while.

I feel like an idiot, because this seller did state in her auction that she thought the handbag was authentic, because it looked just like her other ones. The handbag had been a gift to her. She also stated in the auction that she was an honest seller and did not accept returns!!! I guess I was an idiot for bidding on the handbag and trusting her. This handbag is so cheap looking and smells like plastic. I'm so mad, because I lost $600 for a fake bag. What really makes me mad is that she will not respond to emails and changes her feedback to private, so I can't leave negative feedback. I also contacted ebay trust and safety and I'm so glad I paid with my AMEX card.

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through LvLuvs! I know it is frustrating but since you opened a claim, ebay will usually need the seller to respond to continue and hopefully resolve the issue you are having. Usually if the seller does not respond in 2-3 business days, from my personal experience they side with the buyer (you). But for now, please try and stay calm and it will work out for you.

I once bought a LV wallet from a seller on ebay who claim it was authentic and the photos shown on the auction were indeed authentic. When it arrived, it was a fake! I emailed her to let her know it is not authentic and she quickly got defensive and nasty. I told her I wanted my money back as I will ship the item back to her asap. And because of her nasty emails she emailed me, my hunch told me to take photos of the wallet before shipping it back to her. Guess what? She got the wallet back and claimed I damaged her 'Authentic LV wallet' and she wanted to pay for the repairs. Long story short, I open a dispute on ebay and they sided with me immediately.

Good luck and let us know what's happening! The gals here are amazing and give out wonderful advice! And from the sounds of it, get an authentication letter from Carol Diva so she can confirm non-authenticity!

Another good reason to be wary of sellers with private feedback. What are they hiding? Hmmm...

I'm sorry too, LVLUVS. know it doesn't make up for the disappointment of not having the bag you thought you were getting, but I'm sure you'll get the money back.

Are we allowed to know the seller's name?

Cant you still leave feedback even if its private? That way if she ever wants to sell with that account again she will have to change it back to public, sellers cannot sell with their feedback set to private (or at least that used to be the rule.)
Also when you close an ebay account, they dont fully close it for 30 or 60 days (i forget which) to make sure any outstanding fees or issues are sorted. And she cant close her paypal account while theres a dispute so I think you will be fine.

Just hang in there. We're going through the same thing except my LV bag hasn't arrived yet but I already knew what I am going to get..a $1200 FAKE LV bag. The seller won't refund me my money.

I purchased a gift card from a seller a while back. A few days after I paid he got about 4 negs in one day and then set his feedback to private. Even though you can no longer read what they say, negs do still show up and you can still leave feedback. Also, I got the money refunded. It took 10 days I think for paypal to give him a chance to respond (he never did), then they refunded me.

It sucks when this happens, just learn from it. Now I never buy gift cards---too many scams. Perhaps you should be a little more careful with your purchases in the future too. If there is anything I've learned on ebay it's that if a deal seems too good to be true---IT IS!

I purchased a gift card from a seller a while back. A few days after I paid he got about 4 negs in one day and then set his feedback to private. Even though you can no longer read what they say, negs do still show up and you can still leave feedback. Also, I got the money refunded. It took 10 days I think for paypal to give him a chance to respond (he never did), then they refunded me.

It sucks when this happens, just learn from it. Now I never buy gift cards---too many scams. Perhaps you should be a little more careful with your purchases in the future too. If there is anything I've learned on ebay it's that if a deal seems too good to be true---IT IS!

I'm sorry to hear about your gift card incident on ebay. I'm glad to hear that you got refunded. From now on I will be much more cautious when I buy anymore handbags on ebay.