HELP, I just purchased a fake Botkier Turbo Trigger on eBay!!!

Feb 15, 2008
I had just received (this morning) the Botkier Turbo Trigger I purchased off eBay on Feb 28th. When I examined the bag, I noticed that the inside of the zipper had a cheap-looking plastic pull, while all my 5 other Botkiers either have a leather pull or Botkier stamped hardware.

The listing claimed that the bag was 100% authentic, which is obviously not the case, so I had emailed the seller, letting her know that although her listing says that the sale was FINAL, selling a NON-AUTHENTIC item, after claiming that it is AUTHENTIC, gives me the right to return the item and get a full refund.

The seller emailed me back with this....

"I am sorry you are disappointed with the bag, however, all sales are final. I described the bag at length, provided pictures and asked bidders to ask any questions first. To the best of my knowledge, the bag is authentic based on the Botkier tag inside the bag, the dust bag, the ID card inside the bag as well as the "Botkier" stamp on the hardware on the outside flap. If there were other ways that you had to "guarantee authenticity" then frankly you should have asked and I would have been happy to check and/or take any pictures.

I state that all sales are final and that all questions should be asked prior to bidding for this very reason. Again, I am sorry that you are disappointed with your purchase."

This is the first time I'm dealing with buying a fake bag on eBay.....PLEASE HELP ME, I NEED TO GET MY MONEY BACK!!!

What's my next step, do I report this to eBay?
If so, how do I go about doing that?

Thank you so much in advance for helping me out!!!

thanks pixiepeach!!!! i'm sorry for my ignorance, but how do i go about reposting a SNAD? i will go back on eBay now to search.....but just in case i don't find it....kindly point me to the right direction.

thanks again:hugs:

eta: i found it.....thanks again!

Oh no....I am so sorry!!! I didn't realize botkiers were faked a lot...I am just getting into this brand...yes...def file a snad with ebay...they may tell you that you need authentication..the more experienced botkier ladies can help u....good luck!!

Can you file a chargeback on your credit card? How did you pay? PayPal? You can contact PayPal as well and request an investigation towards a possible refund as the item was NOT exactly as described.

I would suggest speaking directly with a Supervisor or Manager via phone from Ebay & stating the situation exactly. It would be helpful if you saved the listing and the photos from the listing in case you need them as evidence (right click, copy & save)

Obviously the item in question isn't an Authentic Botkier as it has been altered in some way. Besides, how can you know what questions to ask the seller in advance? It's rare that sellers will actually draw attention to detail about flaws in their items up for bid.

Finally, you can try contacting the seller one last time asking her for a FULL REFUND giving her until the end of today or you'll be taking legal action & registering a formal complaint as well as, warning others to stay away from her when dealing with Ebay. It might work.

Oh no....I am so sorry!!! I didn't realize botkiers were faked a lot...I am just getting into this brand...yes...def file a snad with ebay...they may tell you that you need authentication..the more experienced botkier ladies can help u....good luck!!

There actually aren't a lot of fakes of most Botkier bags, but Triggers are the exception. There are definitely Trigger fakes out there. Authenticating them is made trickier by the fact that the original Trigger style is from several years ago, but Botkier has also re-released Trigger variations, so there seems to be some confusion at times about the older Triggers.

I responded in the Authenticate This thread, but I think the Trigger in question is absolutely fake. I feel bad for the original OP, but I think she should be able to get some recourse by filing a SNAD with PayPal, and a chargeback with her credit card company if that doesn't work.