HELP! I just got a fake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am new to the forum but buy and sell a lot on ebay so may be able to help. Unfortunately I too had a simmialr thing happen to me - bag looked authentic but was obviously not when it arrived. I opened a paypal dispute but, I must say without going into all the details paypal were really of no help. What did get me my money back was going to the Trading Standards for my local area. They sent the bag off to Chanel and provided official documentation that it was a fake. They were just so helpful, as was ebay who I phoned up and spoke to one of the managers. They were brilliant, and I did get all my money back in the end. So, I would really recommend getting in touch with Traiding Standards to everyone who has a simmilar problem.
Big hug to you, I know how absolutely devastating this is
x

Hi archaelogygirl, is trading standards a law firm? What is it exactly all about? Do I have to pay like the substantial amount for a lawyer?

This is my first time hearing this service. Please help to guide me how to go about doing this. I see you are based in the UK, if I were to go there to report her, would the police do anything about it?

I've heard that fake designer goods are highly illegal there and worse still to sell in disguise under stolen genuine pictures. This case is highly legitimate I feel. How do you think are my chances? Thanks so much honestly for your wise contribution of advice. I really appreciate it.

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

And I know this isn't particularly legal but perhaps only an idea: you could create a new Ebay account so you won't loose your feedback score and he won't know it's you, use one of Polaka's items (eg. the one listed above) and ask if you can pay by postal order or cheque. Win the item or buy-it-now, then ask for his address to post the cheque/postal order to. TADA!

Bit on the naughty side though.

Cyndee, have you reported the item? I would love to after reading this post but I have no idea where to start!

If you have a Ebay account, just log in as usual and go to the page for the item you wish to report. *report this" *or something like that). Should be a link somewhere at the bottom of the page.

Sometimes you have to be sneeky to get what you want!!

Cyndee, have you reported the item? I would love to after reading this post but I have no idea where to start! Is he still using your pics?

Yes, I've reported it already. The pics the seller is using now, are also mine. Pics we were using from well over a year ago. We made changes and don't use that setting any longer. It's difficult to get the listing removed because all our old auctions using these pics, are no longer viewable as they have been archived.

Just keep reporting the listing though ladies and informing ebay that the seller is using stolen photos and has a history of selling counterfeits.

Last edited:
There's nothing sneaky....that's what the repost this item icon is for.

Sorry I meant this was sneaky, a suggestion a few posts up from another Tpf member .... sorry to confuse you.

And I know this isn't particularly legal but perhaps only an idea: you could create a new eBay account so you won't loose your feedback score and he won't know it's you, use one of Polaka's items (eg. the one listed above) and ask if you can pay by postal order or cheque. Win the item or buy-it-now, then ask for his address to post the cheque/postal order to. TADA!

Sorry I meant this was sneaky, a suggestion a few posts up from another Tpf member .... sorry to confuse you.

And I know this isn't particularly legal but perhaps only an idea: you could create a new eBay account so you won't loose your feedback score and he won't know it's you, use one of Polaka's items (eg. the one listed above) and ask if you can pay by postal order or cheque. Win the item or buy-it-now, then ask for his address to post the cheque/postal order to. TADA!

Yeah, I realized that after I re-read the post....so I edited my response.

So I will go for it.. creating a new ID, win the item, send a money order to an address? What if he's address is not legit?

Will that happen?

While its something you can do, it depends if he says that he will accept payment by cheque etc. Some only accept payment by PayPal etc.

If he does accept payment by cheque, then if he wants his money he will give you the right address. He may though give you a PO Box address ......

You should be able to return the bag to her or even report her to ebay. This happened to a friend of mine and they reported it and she was able to return the bag to the seller and get her money back. Ebay has a customer service forum and i think they have a number to call so I would try to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.