Help! I have bought a fake Chloe bag from Ebay!

izziebee

Aug 18, 2008
hi everyone, I'm new to Purse Forum and was wondering if someone/anyone can help me. I bought a Chloe bag from Ebay 3 weeks ago and I received the item and it is the cheapest made fake I have ever seen! Paypal now wants me to have it authenticated by an appraiser, dealer or organization before they can issue me a refund! I have searched the web all day and no one in Australia can do this or am I wrong? If anybody knows of a company i can approach, pls let me know asap as paypal has only given me 10 days to do this or i will lose my money and be left with a disgusting fake bag! Oh by the way, ebay cancelled this auction early because apparently the sellers account was being used by someone else other than the account holder. The item was meant to come from Italy from an Italian seller, but it arrived from CHina from a Chinese Seller!! What do I do? thanks guys, would appreciate your input on this.:crybaby:

you can get it authenticated online via www.mypoupette.com
(there are some others too but i cant recall them atm)

for a fee they will authenticate the item for you by sending them clear photographs and as far as i have read they are accepted by paypal too.

good luck, im sure others will chim in with good solutions too :smile:

Many thanks for your reply Lunaty. WIll check with paypal first to see what they say. i feel like an idiot for sending my poupette photos of an item that I know is definitely fake...this bag is not even made of leather. That's it for me buying from ebay without consulting you guys or my poupette, thank God for this website.

They probably get those requests all the time ;)

Just tell them you have received a fake from ebay and will need a authentication report to prove it to Paypal.

I have had the same thing happening to me with a fake Balenciaga and unfortunately my conditions wernt that lucky.. but im sure paypall will refund you the money once youve had this done!

You beauty, many thanks for the link Lunaty. I'm starting to see some light under the tunnel now. Will take pictures of the bag and get in touch with the suggested authenticators as per your suggestions.

Unless something has changed with mypoupette recently I would go to Caroldiva instead, as she replies whereas MP has been spotty. If you search there have been a few threads about MP recently that would make me think twice about sending them my money :sad:

FYI-It is my understanding that Carol used to work for My Poupette before she went out on her own. Her FB has been positive.

Did you pay paypal with a credit card? If you did, you can file a dispute with your CC company. The CC company will provide you the recourse you are looking for-paypal does not want to refund so quickly. I would file a claim with PPal as quickly as possible as SNAD-significantly not as described, especially if the item is plastic. I would also get the fraud division of ebay involved-if the seller claims to be from Italy and the shipping is supposed to be from Italy, you may have your proof right there if you saved the packaging from China.

Take a deebreath, and good luck :smile: