Help - I have a tilted screw on my Damier Ebene Eva Clutch

nielkono

Aug 1, 2011
I was just about to post this to "Authenticate this" thread, but thought I'd ask your opinion first.

I bought my Damier Ebene Eva clutch from a real LV store last November. Only few days ago I noticed, that one of the two screws on the side is tilted, so that the LV logo is not straight. Below you find a picture of what I mean.

DSC_0443_07_.jpg

The screw on the other side is straight, so this is what made me wonder. Is this a serious flaw in a LV bag? Should the LV logo be straight?

Right now I'm just worried, that a tilted logo is somekind of a sign of a fake bag. And that if I try to take it to the store they don't believe it's authentic and won't take it back.

And I KNOW that I'm probably worried about nothing, since it's bought from a LV store and all. :smile: It's just that I read a post from the authentification thread, that someone had bought a belt from a LV store and then wanted to return it, but they woldn't take it because the belt was fake!

But maybe you could at least tell me if you think this is a flaw or not?

One of the rivets on my Eva is completely upside down. I bought it from an LV boutique, so I know its real. LV bags are hand-made, so not everything will be perfect down to the last millimeter. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. It's completely normal. Enjoy your bag! :smile:

Someone else posted this exact same question in the Eva club...I think it's normal.
I brought my Mono Eva at the LV store and 3 of the 4 screws are either sideways or inverted...I wouldn't worry about it!

One of mine is slightly off as well....as long as it has "LV" on it, they can be upside down and it's okay for me. Enjoy the bag :smile: I have the same one and she is my absolute favourite!

Thank you all for your answers! I actually tried googling if there allready was a thread like this but couldn't find any :smile: I might have used weird keywords ;)

I totally agree - its nice to be able to ask someone for help and it's nice to know that there are people who understand why you're so worried about some small screw being crooked. :biggrin:

And I'm also so in love with my Eva - it's such a versatile bag :smile: