Help!!! I Hate My Trouville!!!

Okay, as I've mentioned in at least three other threads, I am falling out of love with my black MC Trouville as it gains patina. For some reason, it looks gawdy/fake to me. However, I love all of my matching accessory pieces - particularly my Poche Porte Monnaie NM and matching mirror because they are printed with the smaller colorful LVs.

Someone help talk me out of selling it. If I do, I guess I'll need to find another black MC bag in order to use my beloved wallet, mirror and Astropill. *sniffle*

its probably already been suggested, but what about getting the handles replaced? failing that, why not sell it and buy another peice of Multicolore. I am getting sick of trying to look after vanchetta handles/trims etc, myself. I have just bought a chanel. black, leather and I wont have to worry about tiny rain spots or even sunlight!!

If you are having second doubts about selling it, then you are not falling out of love with it. If you absolutely cannot stand the sight of your Speedy, then sell it and buy something that you will love more. If you're unsure about it, maybe write a list about the things you like and dislike about it? IDK.

I have a couple of multicolor bags and some do look quite different as they patina. Have you sprayed the handles to help slow down the process?? I use Wilson's leather protector and that seems to help them stay newer longer. I can understand what you are talking about though. I don't think its the dark patina as much as the color you are seeing right now. It seems that LV vachetta gets a pink color to it before it turns honey. The pink color does look really fakelike IRL. I have used Huggies baby wipes (natural care) on the handles to clean them and brighten the color a bit and it works wonders. Not as harsh as those magic eraser things and not nearly as messy. They will lighten the color just a bit and clean the oils and dirt off the handles. You can respray with a protector afterwards. I've also learned that putting a bag up for awhile and taking it out later helps me to fall in love with it all over again! Best of luck and congrats on your pregnancy!!