HELP!!! i had a buyer offer,I accepted&now she is being horribly rude-i didnt sendyet

I can believe she is a surgeon. My husband is a physician, anesthesiologist to be exact. I cringe every time we have a hospital party to go to, or every time he asks me to stop by the hospital to bring paperwork in. Now the male doctors are always cordial and fun to be around. It's the female doctors who have suuuuuuch an attitude. They are rude rude rude. They always give me this look, basically they check me out up and down, and I am like WTF is wrong with you (in my head, lol)? I made the mistake once of inviting these three docs to an Italian restaurant for a fundraiser meeting and do you know what they did??? They were splitting the bill and were itemizing the bill down to the penny, went over it with a calculator several times and started arguing with the server over the impossed 18% tip for the large party. I was so embarrased I asked the server to hand me the bill for the tip for the whole group. I don't know what the deal is with them. Unbelievable.

This is hilarious! I waited tables during college at very nice, upscale places where I could almost *always* count on very generous tips from my tables. I always busted my butt to be polite, friendly, prompt and well-informed about my food and wine, and most people compensated me very well for my service. At the end of the night, when I went to pick up the credit card, if I saw "Dr. XXX XXXX" I would DIE a little inside because doctors were inevitably the cheapest, stingiest people out there. All the other servers agreed because they never got such rotten tips from anyone else. My dad was a CPA and ended up refusing to take on any doctor clients after a while, because they tried to haggle (despite knowing how hefty his fee was ahead of time) and then never, ever paid their bill on time- some never paid at ALL! Because, you know, they let all of US haggle with them over their crazy fees for medical services, right? :rolleyes:

No offense to any doctors we have here, I'm sure you're different, but I can speak from my own experienc, right? :yes:

Glad it worked out. If she were that worried about the authenticity of a gift, she should have bought a bag from a retailer. Honestly, I would never buy a bag on ebay as a gift in case the recipient needed to return it. How cheap!

Agree 100% with IrishGal. I have sent emails like that, even knowing they were a little bit harsh, and have always gotten the bags authenticated and afterward left positive FB along with where the bag was authenticated (I think it's good for future bidders to see not only that buyers believed the products were authentic, but also that third parties agreed the products were authentic). Now I feel kind of bad for the heavy handed emails, though.

I had this happen to me -- it was with a Balenciaga shoulder, new with tags from LVR. The buyer started saying she wasn't sure it was real and blah, blah. I refunded her money and sold the bag to a very happy purse forum member.

You should email back with a list.
1. I am a surgeon also, what a coincidence!
2. I guess that automatically means I can be trusted?

Just kidding, but it would be amusing.

You guys are sooo funny!:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: I haven't even finished reading the rest of the posts!!
Sorry Helpl!!!Slush, but some of these comments just got to make you smile! :smile:
Matt- I just got to say your comments are hilarious also. :jammin:
Helpl!!!Slush-We are here for you!:flowers:

Hi all. i know its been a while since this thread but i just wanted to say thanks again for the support and the much needed humor during my stressing over something like that! :smile: I havent sold anything on ebay since this and i just feel i need a break to regroup from ebay since i read so many stories of people having issues on ebay

also thalillady i didnt mean to make you feel bad about your emails! :smile: Just remember some of us on ebay are good ppl and always sell authentic stuff :smile:

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.. then it must be a duck. My point is that she appears to be a problem buyer and if your gut instinct tells you that you need to be concerned....LISTEN TO YOUR GUT. She should have questioned the authenticity prior to making the offer...not after you accepted it. For goodness sakes, she seems like a nutcase to me and I personally would have nothing further to do with her.....that is, after you refund her money! The worst she can do after that is to leave you a neg...am I wrong? If you ship her the bag, she could switch it out with a fake bag and claim that to be the one that you sent her. I wouldn't trust her 'until the water got hot'! LOL!! Sorry, ladies....I've just lost my patience with people on Ebay. There are too many crazies on there. With the last 'new with tags' bag that I sold, I had a gal message me to ask if I would trade it for an old bag that she had and had been carrying for over a year. It was the same designer and style but not the color she had wanted. WTF:amazed::amazed: Sorry, but I would NEVER be audacious enough to ask a seller that question. She then asked me to reduce the price with free shipping. Oh me ..Oh my...I wish you luck whatever you decide!

Sorry slush...I should have read ALL the post before adding my 2 cents! I read the first page and got so upset for you that I couldn't read any further without voicing my outrage at this buyer. LOL! After posting, I went back and continued to read all the posts and learned at that point that there was no longer a delimma. :blush::blush::blush: Guess I'll learn to read the complete thread next time. Oh well, glad it worked out for you .

Edit: My bad, I had this all confused with someone else. Hope you get this straightened out, she sounds like a nut.

ETA2: Oh! I see where it all worked out. Thank Goodness I don't buy or sell designer stuff, I couldn't handle the freaks!

This is hilarious! I waited tables during college at very nice, upscale places where I could almost *always* count on very generous tips from my tables. I always busted my butt to be polite, friendly, prompt and well-informed about my food and wine, and most people compensated me very well for my service. At the end of the night, when I went to pick up the credit card, if I saw "Dr. XXX XXXX" I would DIE a little inside because doctors were inevitably the cheapest, stingiest people out there. All the other servers agreed because they never got such rotten tips from anyone else. My dad was a CPA and ended up refusing to take on any doctor clients after a while, because they tried to haggle (despite knowing how hefty his fee was ahead of time) and then never, ever paid their bill on time- some never paid at ALL! Because, you know, they let all of US haggle with them over their crazy fees for medical services, right? :rolleyes:

No offense to any doctors we have here, I'm sure you're different, but I can speak from my own experienc, right? :yes:

Oohhhhh....mogo....sorry, but my DH is a doctor ....and a generous one at that! OMG....he insists on not only staying at the ritziest hotels but dining at the finest restaurants. On most occasions, I look over the bill because he tends to leave between a 20%-25% tip! I can live with 20% and even more if/when the server outdoes themselves. But even when the server SUCKS (IMO), he will leave no less than 20% because he respects the fact that they are working to make a living. Many times, he tries to keep the check from me because I have on occasions told him to reduce the amount of the tip!!!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong....I have sons that have been servers for years while going to college and I hear almost daily about all the crap they take. But, when I feel that someone has ignored our table by not refilling my coffee/tea or that they've been tied up kissing up to people at another table.....well, I have been known to tell him to reduce the tip. One would think that in an upscale establishment that you wouldn't encounter this type of individual, but we have....not often, mind you. My DH is a big spender and I have even accused him of trying to impress people by overly tipping. The truth is that I am proud of him for not forgetting where he came from ....for remembering how difficult it was during the years that he was in school just trying to make ends meet. I am so sorry that you and others like yourself have been left with such a bad impression of doctors by those in the medical profession who are just 'jerks'. Whether these individuals were doctors, lawyers, pilots, .....or whatever else-they would still not tip well because they care only about themselves-not others. I am really glad though that I read these posts because it gives me an even great understanding of and appreciation for what my kids have to put up with. My youngest son is a babe-magnet and the most personable and happy of all six of our boys. He has the patience of Job but comes close to losing it at work. I don't think that I've ever heard him say anything about doctors not tipping well. I'll have to ask. From this point forward, I promise that I will never again tell my DH not to overtip!! :tup:

ok so i sent her an email saying i didnt know what to do and i wanted to refund her but if she was going to cause problems i would send it but only with padlocks attached that she can only remove when she is ready to make it hers

(the issue is i wont be around after new years and so if she does decide to send it back ugh i wont be here to get it so thats a whole new issue)

either way here is her email to me now

1. I am a surgeon and do not have time for this.
2. I have spent over $35,000 on ebay items in the last year alone. This is the ONLY method of shopping I employ and I shop everywhere.
3. This bag is a gift for a colleague - it would be rather embarassing if it were not authentic.
4. I paid for this item and expect you to send it. I have no interest in cancelling this transaction or spending more time on emails. I do not care if there is a lock or whatever on it - just send it.
5. I have NEVER returned any item I have purchased on ebay - ask live help or whomever to verify that if you must.
6. My mistake, I should have never sent you the email about "authenticity" - since you advertised it as such it HAS TO BE.
7. Go back again and look at the items I have purchased on ebay, you'll get the entire picture.
8. I am from East Atlantic Beach, just moved here to run a department 3 years ago, I am also a New Yorker and will be back visiting for New Year's. It's a GIFT.

so i guess i am just going to send it wiht like 5 different locks all over it haha :smile: and make it so there is no way she can bait and switch me and just fingers crossed that she wont try and send it back :sad:
UGH I dunno i think im going to haave to take a break from ebay this pissed me off! Ive never had to deal with a rude ebay person before i dont like it

HOLY efffing PSYCHO! First of all, if she is a surgeon, I would like to know where she went to school because she clearly is not very intelligent. Her reply doesn't even make sense. " have spent over $35,000 on ebay items in the last year alone. This is the ONLY method of shopping I employ and I shop everywhere." It's the only method of shopping she employs, but she shops everywhere??? Talk about contradicting one's self.

Second, what do the facts that she is a surgeon, lives in Virginia and is a New Yorker have to do with ANY of this?

Third, if she is a surgeon, she must have a terrible bedside manner if she can't even type an appropriate message without offending.