HELP! I got the dreaded lette,too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you serious?? do people actually get letters accusing them of reselling just because some people have money to buy a lot in a short time? hell if that's the case im screwed. in the last week i have picked up 3 bags 3 wallets 2 wristlets a mens travel bag a mens wallet!!!!

why would they send you that??

Can you give more information, please...Which letter did you get? Are you banned from buying? When you say you spent $2000, what on, exactly? And what was your purchasing and return history prior to that transaction?

I feel terrible that people are getting "the letter", but I can't really give you any support without knowing more about your situation.

OH NO!!!!! What the heck? This letter thing is getting SO ridiculous! Just curious, was the $2000 all in one shopping trip? Was it a one time thing or have you consistantly spent that much? How long after you spent that did you get the letter? Did you get the letter in the mail? Details, details, please...............

I really have no idea what their criteria is for this letter, I've actually probably spent more than that in the last month between PCE and the outlets. And there have also even been more times than just that once in recent years that me and dd have gone overboard and spent that much in about a month or so.

Last edited:
Well if that's the way it works I'll be targeted too. The Maggie & friends I bought (in my reveal) were recent acquisitions.

Please call LP & tell them how crazy they are!

I checked my history. I bought 10 bags after thanksgiving sale and 10 bags before Christmas Day for gift. And couple weeks ago, I bought another by cash. I never returned.Is that too much? But I love coach...

I checked my history. I bought 10 bags after thanksgiving sale and 10 bags before Christmas Day for gift. And couple weeks ago, I bought another by cash. I never returned.Is that too much? But I love coach...

Keep in mind that I am of the opinion that what you do with your stuff that you paid for with your money is your choice.

But having said that, 20 bags in 2 trips does sound like a lot and looking at it from Coach's point of view (which I don't really agree with), I guess that may send up a red flag. But if you only ever made those 2 big purchases and only started in October, it does seem odd that you would be singled out when we hear all these outlet stories.

And oh yeah - if there were a lot of duplicates - well then that makes the flag even redder and higher.

But I am no expert by any means.

Last edited:

To me that makes no sense given the time of year when people are buying for gifts or just splurging on themselves. Even duplicates can be explained if one has a long gift list. I know two Decembers ago I bought 3 of the same bag same color (Khaki Hamptons Signature Hobo) because it was such a great deal when they marked it down to $99.99 when just 3 or 4 months before they were selling for $358 at the boutique...gave one to my aunt, one to my sister-in-law and one to my sister. One would imagine Coach needs to look at a longer buying history before they decide to issue a ban letter!

But having said that, 20 bags in 2 trips does sound like a lot and looking at it from Coach's point of view (which I don't really agree with), I guess that may send up a red flag. But if you only ever made those 2 big purchases and only started in October, it does seem odd that you would be singled out when we hear all these outlet stories.

If I'm reading it correctly, the 20 bags were after Thanksgiving and before Christmas, so in the span of 1 month. I can see why red flags would go up.

Keep in mind that I am of the opinion that what you do with your stuff that you paid for with your money is your choice.

And oh yeah - if there were a lot of duplicates - well then that makes the flag even redder and higher.

But I am no expert by any means.

I agree with you for the most part, but that's also 20 bags within one month (Thanksgiving is not October, Thanksgiving is end of November where OP is located). Also, did the OP just walk to a table and grab 10 bags, or did you carefully pick and choose these gifts? If it was a walk & grab, the SAs may have flagged the OP to LP.

OP, when you say "I bought another by cash" last month, do you mean another one, or another 10? I just am curious. Trying to figure out Coach's reasoning here.

I don't agree with Coach distributing the letter for multiples of small accessories, because those can be believable as gifts ("stocking stuffers," if you will). But I just do not come from a place where people just give 10 females in their family a large $200-$300 handbag as a gift for Christmas. Coach is probably in the same mindset.

So I am still trying to read these threads with understanding & sympathy, while trying to figure out the real story behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.