HELP! I feel like my buyer, a Power Seller, is stringing me!

I think you did the right thing. Soon sellers won't be able to leave neg FB for crap buyers like this, so get that neg in now!

Also, if I were in your place I would be afraid of more dastardly action after the sale was completed, like bait and switch or some kind of chargeback wherein you are out the money and the bag.

Relist the bag, wait for the neg and respond factually and professionally--something like "buyer failed to pay after 1 month. retaliatory neg when I filed NPB."

And thank your lucky stars you got out when you did.

I think you did the right thing. Soon sellers won't be able to leave neg FB for crap buyers like this, so get that neg in now!

Also, if I were in your place I would be afraid of more dastardly action after the sale was completed, like bait and switch or some kind of chargeback wherein you are out the money and the bag.

Relist the bag, wait for the neg and respond factually and professionally--something like "buyer failed to pay after 1 month. retaliatory neg when I filed NPB."

And thank your lucky stars you got out when you did.

Thank you for your suggestion on how to respond to the negative feedback. That's exactly what I'm going to write.

It doesn't show he has been neg'd in the "month" column either...maybe the system is just slow to catch up.

I hope she doesn't neg you back, you did what was right. She shouldn't have bid if she didn't intend on paying.

I finally got that neg. Of course, that was the quickest thing he did. I almost burst when I saw the lie of a feedback he left:

"Sent pt to seller by m.o. then says did not get, send PayPal & still play games"

Buyer:
coloradogirl90210 ( 297
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)

Feb-20-08 05:00 Auth Gucci 85th Anniversary Hobo Handbag $1575

Sorry about the neg. She can only get one more and retain her power seller status, BTW. Just as an aside, she's got some sweaters for sale and I found this line particularly funny...
New red cow neck size large sweater (cough, cough... okay, maybe she's a cow and needed a cow neck sweater?) :roflmfao:

Hope you have better luck with your other auctions and I hope she gets her karma on hers. It would have been so much nicer just to take her negative if she changed her mind. Heck you may have let the cow ;)out of it, if she'd just admitted she changed her mind and didn't waste a month of your life.:yes:

Hi - I am sorry to hear about the feedback and although l look at feedback when purchasing it would not put me off of buying from you. I think this person would have caused you more grief if you had continued with the sale and may have left more damaging remarks - that the bag was a fake. I was also reading the terms of your auction and failed to see where you would accept a payment by a Money Order - she just presumed that you would!!!

You are far better off without a buyer like her - one thing for sure she now has 3 negs!!!

I really got ticked by this buyer. I couldn't sleep at all last night wondering if my naivety got me here. I decided that I would file a small-claims suit against this person and I told him that. Today, I got another email from him saying he sent me a Paypal payment last night. Of course, it's not true. Unless Paypal is lying and he's not. He also THREATENED to file a non-performing seller report against me. Amazing...

Here's my reply to his email:

"UNCLAIMED??? When you log on to paypal, the first thing you see is your account summary of payments sent, payment received. I have NO UNCLAIMED PAYMENT FROM YOU! You know why? Because you did NOT PAY. YOu never sent the money order, that's why you couldn't furnish a receipt or copy of it, you never sent a Paypal payment that's why there's NO email notification from ebay, NO Paypal notification saying payment is made, NOTHING. I have to thank you for all these lies. Keep pouring the lies in. They will only help in court."

I don't understand how people can put their humanity on the line for a...purse.

I totally understand your frustration over this transaction - but this person he or she is a liar. Just be careful as they may well try to mess up the rest of your auction listings, now they have been caught out!!!

^ What will filing a small claims suit do? I don't get it? Did you send the bag before you received payment?

I know it's a pain and frustrating, but just let it go and don't let it frustrate you. File with square trade to remove the retaliatory feedback and don't worry about it anymore.

I am sorry to hear about what you had to go through. Your buyer is a fruitcake, I can't understand how someone has the time to fabricate such lies. I mean, by now, there is nothing this buyer can get out of this transaction, why is he still making up stories? I find that some people really crave drama and attention by creating chaos. Yikes! That is why I stay away from ebay.

^ What will filing a small claims suit do? I don't get it? Did you send the bag before you received payment?

I know it's a pain and frustrating, but just let it go and don't let it frustrate you. File with square trade to remove the retaliatory feedback and don't worry about it anymore.

Thank you. I'll try square trade first. You can file a small claims suit for breach of contract. This buyer reneged on a sale. There's actually a sample case of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6cC9-zUkqA. I just realized it only costs $17 to file a small claims suit but it will cost $30 from Square Trade to remove a feedback...my goodness!

I totally understand your frustration over this transaction - but this person he or she is a liar. Just be careful as they may well try to mess up the rest of your auction listings, now they have been caught out!!!

Now I'm a little bit paranoid, yes. Perhaps they can have a friend or someone bid on my auction, get the bag and then claim fake or something. I'm scaring myself out of selling.