Help! I can't choose!!!

Mar 27, 2007
After finally deciding on a wallet- thank you to all of the ladies of TPF that helped with that :smile: I did go with the pink Elysee, the curieuse was just not working for me with the removable zip pouch! I am now struggling with which handbag to get. Pink Pallas,Mono Metis, and Emperteine Earth Metis.
Pallas- I worry about it being somewhat small, would like it to slouch ( maybe it will?), will I get the pink calf leather dirty???, no zip compartment inside. I will say this is the one of the 3 that has the least amount of problems, as in none unlike the other 2 handbags. I do love the zipper on this bag:smile: Somewhat dressier than most of my bags. I have a casual lifestyle.
Metis- I have heard some people say they have had some cracking issues at the top of the bag. I think this bag is big enough and is so tempting with the way it molds to the body. A couple of people have mentioned their belonging's getting color transfer from the inside of this bag. I would find it unacceptable if my belongs were permanently damaged in this manner. I can't imagine spending nearly 2,000. on a bag only to have it wreck my things inside of it. Some of which are no longer available and I don't know how LV could fix that?!
Earth Metis- Oh how I want to say this is the one. Leather, the color, I like the strap for this one better than the mono Metis, no worries about the color transfer from the inside of the bag. BUT leather or not, if the glazing cracks like on the Lumineuse or Speedy and they said it was normal wear and tear on a 3,000. bag- I am afraid my head would explode.
I love that all 3 are lightweight, they are all close enough to the same price.
I am an 8 hour round trip from the nearest LV store I went and tried several bags, these 3 are what I have narrowed it down to and why. I would once again appreciate you helping me figure this out. I have a head ache from trying to figure it out myself! Thanks in advance!!!!!

Emp Metis! I love earth! I would have gotten my emp Metis in earth if I wasn't wanting a black bag.

Reasons I love the emp Metis:
1. All leather
2. Style
3. Comfortable to wear
4. Multiple ways to wear it
5. Looks great on!!

Mono Metis coz that's on my wishlist :P I like it because it is lightweight and many different wears for all weather condition. Not choosing the emp Metis because I don't like emp. Much rather use the cost difference to buy additional SLG for Mono Metis.

The Pallas is absolutely gorgeous and I love it in pink to match your lovely wallet :tender: I definitely think the Pallas can we worn casual. You can always get a purse organizer for the inside if you feel you need more pockets, etc. GLD!

Emp Metis! I love earth! I would have gotten my emp Metis in earth if I wasn't wanting a black bag.

Reasons I love the emp Metis:
1. All leather
2. Style
3. Comfortable to wear
4. Multiple ways to wear it
5. Looks great on!!

Thank you! I love Earth too! I tried the Momo and Emp Metis on at the same time lol- I didn't feel a big weight difference. Do you fine yours to be heavy at all? I don't carry a lot. Have you had any problems with cracking? I live in the midwest and love the wider, longer strap. I will need it to go over my coat!!! Thanks again!

Mono Metis coz that's on my wishlist :P I like it because it is lightweight and many different wears for all weather condition. Not choosing the emp Metis because I don't like emp. Much rather use the cost difference to buy additional SLG for Mono Metis.

Thanks deacc! I hope you get your Mono Metis soon. It is such a great bag for all of the reason's you listed. I really would like to go this way and save the money too, but I would be devastated if my things were wrecked by the inside lining. I have seen the pictures of that happening here on TPF, and that is really holding me back. Otherwise it is like the perfect Mono bag!!!!! Thanks again!

The Pallas is absolutely gorgeous and I love it in pink to match your lovely wallet :tender: I definitely think the Pallas can we worn casual. You can always get a purse organizer for the inside if you feel you need more pockets, etc. GLD!

Thanks LG!!!! I can't wait to get my wallet and start using it!!!!! They didn't have that color at my store and had to order it. So happy they at least had it so I could try it out :smile: The Pallas in pink is like a dream come true- so pretty!!!!! I just am so casual and I feel that is almost the price of the emp Metis- and I love earth!!!! I don't know that I feel it would be as comfortable for daily wear. But it is soooo pretty!!!!!! Thanks again!!!

My vote goes to Mono Metis. I really don't think you should overly worry about cracking. There's only been one reported instance of the top cracking and that was actually me that reported it. The bag was purchased pre-owned and I have no idea how it was worn or stored. LV was wonderful about replacing it when I took it in and showed them the tiny cracks. My new bag is wonderful and I adore it and I'm just careful how I carry it when wearing sleeveless tops. It's so versatile and I just purchased a long strap to wear it crossbody, so I love it even more! I haven't had any issues with transfer but I don't use light colored SLG's. Good luck with your decision.

I vote Pallas. I have the Elysee in Mono/Black and I'm going to visit the Pallas Black/Mono combo next week. I think it would be a gorg match for us both! And I love that the Pallas can be worn a few different ways. You can even get a longer strap to wear cross body. Good luck with your decision! :smile:

Since it is a long trip, I would suggest looking up used ones on Ebay or other of the reputable websites, and see if any look better as they aged and were used. Also you can get an idea of how bad some people treat their bags and how they still look. Hopefully this helps :smile: