Help! I bought my first Chanel & feel like I made a mistake on the hardware color :(

SHW or GHW

• SHW

Votes: 159 55.0%
  • GHW

Votes: 130 45.0%

• Total voters
I went to the boutique a few days ago and bought my first Chanel bag! I got the double flap jump in caviar with silver hardware. I knew I wanted the caviar before I got there because it's more carefree, but the hardware was the toughest decision I've ever had to make on a purchase. I'm not even being dramatic. I've read many posts of people saying to choose the color of the jewelry they wear. Although I wear two gold necklaces + two gold Cartier bracelets everyday that don't come off, I do mix metals very often. I have some white gold jewelry as well as silver that I throw in to complete my edgy look when I go out. I'm a casual person and wear sneakers most of the time. Clothing wise, I'm always in leggings with an oversized graphic tee. When I was in the boutique, the gold looked extremely yellow & dressy, so I thought silver would be better for an everyday bag. However, all I see is photos of people with gold hardware, so I feel like I made a mistake. I'm worried the silver hardware makes the bag less classic. Another worry I had was that the gold hardware would chip overtime. I have another 10 days to decide if I want to exchange since they have a 14 day policy. Please help, I'd love your opinion! Xo

I’ve attached a few photos of myself & my style so you have a better idea of my vibe:

Would love to know what you decided to do! Did you stick with the silver? I’ve been going back and forth between getting a black caviar jumbo with either gold or silver.

Would love to know what you decided to do! Did you stick with the silver? I’ve been going back and forth between getting a black caviar jumbo with either gold or silver.

Hi! I actually went back to the boutique because I noticed my bag with the silver hardware had an uneven flap. It was driving me crazy, so when I went back to the boutique when they first opened after the covid closures and I took a look at a gold one again. It was absolutely perfect so I took it home. I still see people with the silver hardware and think it looks so beautiful, but I honestly think I would’ve lusted for whichever one I didn’t have. When I got the silver, I wanted the gold. Now that I have the gold, I wish I kept silver. You can’t go wrong with either. I sometimes feel like I’m too casual for the gold, but I think it’s society making us feel like gold is dressy. I hope you love which ever option you go with, they are both so beautiful! ✨

Hi! I actually went back to the boutique because I noticed my bag with the silver hardware had an uneven flap. It was driving me crazy, so when I went back to the boutique when they first opened after the covid closures and I took a look at a gold one again. It was absolutely perfect so I took it home. I still see people with the silver hardware and think it looks so beautiful, but I honestly think I would’ve lusted for whichever one I didn’t have. When I got the silver, I wanted the gold. Now that I have the gold, I wish I kept silver. You can’t go wrong with either. I sometimes feel like I’m too casual for the gold, but I think it’s society making us feel like gold is dressy. I hope you love which ever option you go with, they are both so beautiful! ✨
I agree- I don’t think you can go wrong either way! I’m leaning towards the silver. I have a feeling I’ll end up getting a smaller one with gold at some point too...

I would love to know which one you decided to go with
I ended up going with the gold, because I noticed my classic flap was a little crooked and the only other silver one at the boutique had a very dry looking caviar. It wasn't shiny at all. I look at people with their silver ones and drool over it, wishing I tried a different boutique to exchange it, but another part of me is happy I got the gold since it's classic and I mainly wear gold. I think I would've lusted for whichever one I didn't have because when I had the silver, I wanted the gold. I'll probably get the medium in silver when I am ready so I have best of both worlds :smile:

Reactions: honeybunch