Help!i am afraid this is another scam!

yvonnek

Aug 14, 2008
Hi, I have purchased a handbag from this lady in UK on 13 aug, and she claimed that she has shipped this item on 15 aug, I asked her to update me the status and email me if there is any tracking # to track my item, and she didn't reply me at all. What do I do if I still have not get any response from her on the shipping info? Normally how do we track our item if it is outside US as they are not using ebay UPSP service. Thanks!

Hi Yvonnek,

The 15th was a friday so I would wait a bit, your item will probably arrive soon ! Where are you based? The UK post service is a bit slow anyways!

X

Since she's in the UK and you're in the US, I think you will have to wait at least 10 business days before you begin to worry, but it would be nice if she would send you some shipping info.
Keep us informed and welcome to tpf!;)

could you pm me the link?

Hi, I have purchased a handbag from this lady in UK on 13 aug, and she claimed that she has shipped this item on 15 aug, I asked her to update me the status and email me if there is any tracking # to track my item, and she didn't reply me at all. What do I do if I still have not get any response from her on the shipping info? Normally how do we track our item if it is outside US as they are not using ebay UPSP service. Thanks!

I think it depends on the shipping method. Priority International goes faster but it might take longer since you are all the way in Malaysia. Try to wait 7 more days. You have within 60 days from sale date to file any dispute.

I wouldn't worry...I tend not to check my emails over the weekend, so that may be her reason for the slow reply over the weekend! I am in the UK and often get worried emails from buyers overseas who have not recieved my items yet! Wait at least a week before you start to worry. :smile:

In July, I purchased 3 handbags from UK. One was shipped DHL, and arrived IN TEXAS the next day. DHL INTL is PHENOMENAL.
The other 2 bags were shipped Royal Mail/USPS. Took 2 weeks. The tracking # I was given worked until the package hit NYC customs. After that, tracking was USELESS and always just said "package has been received in NYC". The tracking never updated after arriving in NYC.
SO be patient... and although I WOULD keep hounding the seller for a tracking #, give it a full 2 weeks.
And use DHL next time.

the last email she sent was on 15 aug that the item was dispatching soon. I expect her at least let me know if it has been shipped. Thats all. Well, I will just give her some grace period to wait a little longer to reply my email. Thanks!

i think you need to be patient and wait. that's the nature of ebay. she's not an online retailer. many sellers don't even tell their buyers when they're shipping out the item, much less a tracking number. if it's been weeks, then you should start worrying. take a deep breath. relax.

Hey, it's only Monday. You have one or two weeks to go before you panic! I must admit that I hate it when sellers don't get back to buyers with the tracking number. The buyer shouldn't even have to ask. Even after asking them, some sellers simply don't respond--they figure they sent the bag and you'll get it and get off their case. I think those sellers stink in one of the most important areas of a deal--communication.