Help! Husband won fake Hermes on Ebay for me

linakpl

Mar 18, 2011
What do I do? He won a Hermes belt for me for Valentine's Day because he knew I wanted one. I told him not to pay for it yet because he should've gotten it authenticated first -_- And now they don't think it's authentic. He's too sweet but that's why I like shopping for myself :T

^^ do not pay. The seller knows what he is doing! Did you report item?

I just did. But I don't want him to be considered a terrible non-paying bidder. I also sent her a message questioning her listing the item as authentic. I figure I'll see what she says first. I mean best case senario the lady doesn't know it's fake. Worst case senario, I don't know..

I just did. But I don't want him to be considered a terrible non-paying bidder. I also sent her a message questioning her listing the item as authentic. I figure I'll see what she says first. I mean best case senario the lady doesn't know it's fake. Worst case senario, I don't know..
Post the listing on the AT thread and send a link to the seller.

Is the listing still standing? I would suggest to not pay no matter what. The seller might put pressure on your DH but it is a headache to recover funds.
Best wishes, keep us posted.:smile:

I would not pay. First of all, you have 7 days to pay and your case could get resolved by the. Second, even if you do get hit with NPB, unless you have had/will get another within a pretty short time frame (something like 1 month? 3 months?), there are essentially no punishments.

ETA: but that was very sweet of your husband! You should definitely encourage the spirit of his actions!!! ;).

you need to get this item authenticated first... if you do indeed find out that

it is fake, you can & should contact the seller... if the seller is agressive insisting

the item is real and since it appears that you have paid for it, you will have to

file a SNAD unless the seller is willing to refund you....if you haven't paid,

personally save yourself some aggravation and just take the hit for a NPB...

keep us posted... what a treasure DH is!!!

I would not pay. First of all, you have 7 days to pay and your case could get resolved by the. Second, even if you do get hit with NPB, unless you have had/will get another within a pretty short time frame (something like 1 month? 3 months?), there are essentially no punishments.

ETA: but that was very sweet of your husband! You should definitely encourage the spirit of his actions!!! ;).

Ebay changed to 4 days a while back

A NPB strike is no big deal. I have 3 of them over the last year for bidding on fakes so unsuspecting buyers don't get stuck with them. eBay has removed all 3 listings for listing violations (selling fakes) but left the strikes on my account - I am fighting with them to get them removed. I don't know how the heck I can have a strike for a listing that was pulled. Ugh. But, anyway, DO NOT PAY. It's not worth the hassle. And if it is definitely fake, report it to eBay so they can pull the listing. If you want to post it here - we can help report it!

Thank you all for the great advice. The item hasn't been paid for but the listing still stands. His acct has never had a unpaid strike so it'll be first for him. I just feel so terrible because he was super excited about surprising me and then to find out he got duped by a fake :T I hope he tries again, esp now that he knows about tPF :P