HELP: How to revive my die-cut gold wallet?

elisian

vintage queen
Oct 16, 2014
Portland, OR
Hi lovely KS experts:

I bought this wallet about 2 years ago. It was the first wallet I'd ever bought that cost more than the cash I'm likely to carry at any time :smile:. I loved it enough to pay full price - almost $300. Needless to say, I love it to pieces.

Unfortunately, my use/abuse has worn the edges off the pretty gold top layer. I have no idea how to fix this. It might be time give up completely on this wallet and learn my lesson about this sort of surface treatment and die-cut, but I really don't want to!

So I need to figure out how to:
1. Clean the base white fabric (how ???? ahhh)
2. Recolor the top in gold -- where do I get shoe dye for this?

Honestly, I would buy another identical one if I could. Alas the style has obviously disappeared.

HELP!!!

Attachments

seton

Keeper of the Flame
Authenticator
O.G.
Dec 27, 2006
Alaska
hermesology.com
Hi lovely KS experts:

I bought this wallet about 2 years ago. It was the first wallet I'd ever bought that cost more than the cash I'm likely to carry at any time :smile:. I loved it enough to pay full price - almost $300. Needless to say, I love it to pieces.

Unfortunately, my use/abuse has worn the edges off the pretty gold top layer. I have no idea how to fix this. It might be time give up completely on this wallet and learn my lesson about this sort of surface treatment and die-cut, but I really don't want to!

So I need to figure out how to:
1. Clean the base white fabric (how ???? ahhh)
2. Recolor the top in gold -- where do I get shoe dye for this?

Honestly, I would buy another identical one if I could. Alas the style has obviously disappeared.

HELP!!!
metallic leather is problematic. since u paid full price for it, I would bring it to a KS store first and see what services they offer for repair.