Help..... how to make you face have more defined bone structure...

L.Vuitton.Freak

Jason W
O.G.
Aug 27, 2011
Hey ladies!!!

I'm a guy and i was wondering how do you make your faces look like you have really good bone structure, despite your face being kinda i dunno round...?

this is because my face is sort of heart/round-ish shaped and i wanted my face have a more pronounced cheek bone to make my face seem more defined...

so am asking how do you ladies do it???

TIA

:ty:

LVF, I swear by a great, angled blush brush for contouring...the MAC 169 is amazing. I have full, ruddy cheeks and after (liquid) foundation I get a little powder onto my brush, tap off the excess, do a "fish face" and sweep the contour just under my cheekbones.

Right now my favorite contour is NARS bronzer in Laguna :biggrin:

XXXOO PG

LVF, I swear by a great, angled blush brush for contouring...the MAC 169 is amazing. I have full, ruddy cheeks and after (liquid) foundation I get a little powder onto my brush, tap off the excess, do a "fish face" and sweep the contour just under my cheekbones.

Right now my favorite contour is NARS bronzer in Laguna :biggrin:

XXXOO PG

I have to agree that a good brush is half the work! I apply my bronzer with MAC 168 brush and it applies like a dream. It gets the product in the right place and is very soft. With a regular brush it is a lot harder to contour.

I agree with the rest of these ladies. Use a MATTE bronzer and a nice highlighter to contour.

Suck your cheeks and under your cheekbones is where you apply the bronzer (it's okay if it looks a little dark, you will blend it out later) You brush the bronzer from that area up towards your ears.

Then you can use the bronzer under your jaw for a more defined jaw bone, the very top of your forehead, and also temples. Use it on the very sides of your nose too, this will create a "slimmer" nose. Create an "E" shape or "3" shape on your face if that makes sense.

As for the highlighter, use it above your cheeks just under your eyes in a "C" motion and also under eyebrow arch, cupids bow, bridge of the nose.

After you've done everything, take a kabuki brush and blend blend blend!

What I go by is "Use bronzer for what you want to "hide" and highlighter for what you want to stand out"

I typically do contouring after foundation, I've met some people that do it before. Totally your preference.

I agree with the rest of these ladies. Use a MATTE bronzer and a nice highlighter to contour.

Suck your cheeks and under your cheekbones is where you apply the bronzer (it's okay if it looks a little dark, you will blend it out later) You brush the bronzer from that area up towards your ears.

Then you can use the bronzer under your jaw for a more defined jaw bone, the very top of your forehead, and also temples. Use it on the very sides of your nose too, this will create a "slimmer" nose. Create an "E" shape or "3" shape on your face if that makes sense.

As for the highlighter, use it above your cheeks just under your eyes in a "C" motion and also under eyebrow arch, cupids bow, bridge of the nose.

After you've done everything, take a kabuki brush and blend blend blend!

What I go by is "Use bronzer for what you want to "hide" and highlighter for what you want to stand out"

I typically do contouring after foundation, I've met some people that do it before. Totally your preference.

thank you so much!!!! got to do some make up shopping and i guess MAC brushes are the best????? for these sort of things???? thanks to all the people above, i still cant do that multiquote thing....

thank you so much!!!! got to do some make up shopping and i guess MAC brushes are the best????? for these sort of things???? thanks to all the people above, i still cant do that multiquote thing....

No problem hun! MAC brushes are very nice and also a little on the pricier side. You can look into Sigma brushes on (Sigmabeauty.com) these brushes are just as good, if not better, than MAC brushes! ELF Studio brushes are nice as well. You don't have to go out and blow 40-50 bucks on a brush! You can find one just as good and like I said if not better than MAC brushes and a lot more affordable if you're looking to save some moolah.

This thread is a godsend! I want to learn to contour my face too. I have an angled brush that definitely helps more than the standard fluffy blush brush, but I still think very strategic application is needed. I think i'm applying product to a bigger surface of my cheeks than I should, and losing the desired effect.
Then, about the highlighter, I kind of fear using it because I am concerned of it making me look shiny or my pores appear larger.