Tech HELP: How to make a curved line on Photoshop.

dearmissie

I'm MARRIED!!
Aug 16, 2007
Hi everyone, I'm not a pro at all with Photoshop. (Just the basics like changing the lighting range, crop, size). I've been fiddling with it for the past week trying to learn more. And for the past 3 hours. :confused1::confused1: I need to make a curved line so I can make the top and bottom of this program. However I can only make ovals that are filled and not lines. Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!

program.jpg

Last edited:
Use the pen tool. :smile:
You should be able to search how to use it on line, there are numerous tutorials. Also if you have the adobe suite you have Illustrator you can do a lot of things in there that are easier than using Photoshop.

yea.. if you have illustrator it will be a lot easier. then you can save it as an eps and then open it up in PSP and then do what you want to it.
the pen tool in PSP is SO frustrating to me.

btw - using the pen tool you'll click in one spot, then click in another and do not let up, drag your in a direction and it will 'bend' the line. lift up when you get the curve that you want. then make sure you click on the 2nd anchor point again otherwise if you click somewhere else before doing that your line will be all wonky.

Are you trying to make invitations or something that has a lot of text in it?

If so, then you should be making this in Illustrator. But the pen tool is what you're looking for, like the ladies described before me.

Here's a good crash course in Illustrator. I think some of the links are broken since it's for CS3, but you'll be able to learn about specific tools there.

And in the mean time, you might also enjoy watching some Photoshop tutorials. You Suck at Photoshop by Donnie Hoyle. His tutorials are humorous and very entertaining to watch!!

Are you trying to make invitations or something that has a lot of text in it?

If so, then you should be making this in Illustrator. But the pen tool is what you're looking for, like the ladies described before me.

Here's a good crash course in Illustrator. I think some of the links are broken since it's for CS3, but you'll be able to learn about specific tools there.

And in the mean time, you might also enjoy watching some Photoshop tutorials. You Suck at Photoshop by Donnie Hoyle. His tutorials are humorous and very entertaining to watch!!

Just to add in here that YouTube has many great tutorials on PS as well. Just search for your question as you you would post them here.

for what you're creating, i would recommend using InDesign or illustrator—not PS. this is not what PS was intended for, tbh. not only that, when it's printed out, it'll be a bitmap and not vector, which is what you want when printing out invitations.

to answer your question, you can use the pencil tool to freehand it, or use the pen tool and adjust using the anchors to round them off a bit.

i use this website frequently for PS tutorials. hope it helps you.

http://www.photoshoplady.com/tutorial/design-a-proper-folded-brochure-in-photoshop/1209