HELP!!! How to get red ink off from inner lining of Galliera?

meichou

Feb 3, 2010
San Francisco
I accidentally put a half inch red mark (from red ballpoint pen) on the inner lining of my Galliera in monogram canvas. How do I get rid of it? I tried using eraser, but it kinda smudged the ink further. A friend was telling me i can try using Mr. Clean magic eraser. Note: the inner lining of galliera in monogram canvas is made of leather-like materials in off-white/beige color (very light) as opposed to cloth-like materials (in brown color) in some other mono canvas purses. Please help!

fashion_mom1

Apr 28, 2009
Is it on the fabric or on the vachetta? Yes on on the vachetta I would use a magic eraser. However if it is on the cloth lining I don't know if I would mess with it. I think any kind of liquid would make problems worse. In addition the magic erasr would just ball up. These are just my opinions. Good luck.

camommyof3

O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
I don't have my Galliera next to me right now to see if the lining can be pulled out of the purse. But if you can, I would pull out the lining and spot treat the lining with some stain remover (Woolite or laundry soap using a small toothbrush) and leave it out until it dries.

meichou

Feb 3, 2010
San Francisco
it's the inner lining (leather-like material) of the purse, not the shoulder strap. the inner lining's leather is so light that a red ink is so visible. the batignolles in monogram canvas has cloth-like material in brown, so i think a red ink wont really show.

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Try dabbing a little bit of hairspray.

Also please do a search in the FAQ sub-forum, do not worry - you are not the first poster to have an ink stain ! :yes: