Help! How many is enough?!

DiamondS

Hermès collector
O.G.
Oct 2, 2007
You are the only ones I can confront with my problem (I even have to hide my bags from my husband)..:shame: Tell me, money put aside, how many H bags is enough? When comes the moment that you're just happy with the one(s) you've got and want no more?!

I thought I would have been "happy ever after" when I got my first croc Birkin, but obviously not. I still look at the websites, stroll in H stores.. and bought another bag again. Against all my beliefs! help!

Well... I'm happy with what I've got, and I've just got one H bag and some fabulous accessories. I just sit back and think about what I have, and admire everyone else's purchases, instead of wishing for a lot of things I don't really need. I mean, it's not like I don't have a wishlist, but I'm in no hurry to act on it. You'll always want more, it's part of the addiction! But tempering that desire with the satisfaction that you're a very lucky lady, will make things easier if you're dealing with guilt about buying too much. If this makes any sense. HTH :flowers:

Oh boy don't get me started. I thought one birkin would be enough. duh! not for me. i'm totally freaked out now that you've mentioned you thought one CROC birkin would be enough and it's not!!! LOL. I feel way too guilty as it is and i don't even have a croc birkin yet. I've got a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other and who do you think is gonna win???

Well put RBB0!

I think enough bags is whatever you think enough is for you, your wardrobe and your style. I have a bag that is new, and I've never carried it--because when I got it home, it didn't feel right. Another bag I have, felt like part of my body. I carry it all the time. The cost per wear of that bag is less than some shoes that I have.

It seems that the "enough" --is where it gets sticky. If there is some chance that buying bags means something besides having a new purse--that its symbolic in some way, then perhaps rather than get new ones (and I'm not saying not to get a new beautiful bag!) immediately, first sort of deep down ask yourself if its a purse, or if its filling some other need.

OTOH, H makes beautiful things. Why not admire them and collect them?

BTW, crocs can be dressed up with all sorts of cadenas, scarves, twillys, keychains, etc... so you can change it up a bit without having to break the bank--if you crave newness.

I'm also afraid that if I buy a whole lot of H, somewhere along the line maybe I won't get that incredible one-of-a-kind feeling I get at the sight of an orange box. But I am silly. And Saligator, the accessorizing of croc suggestion is dead-on!

Also, try doing a photoshoot of all your bags and accessories, get them all together and take pictures. When you see those, you'll be like WOW! And posting the pics on tPF (if you are so inclined) helps when everyone tells you how AMAZING your collection is :shame: :tup:

...OH DEAR I FEEL BAD TOO...YESTERDAY I ALMOST LOST MY DH COMPASSION OVER MY COLLECTION OF CROCO BIRKIN. HE WAS LITTLE UPSET WHEN DISCOVERED
I GOT 6 CROCO BIRKIN IN THE LAST 3 MONTHES....TERRIBLE:cry: BUT I LOVE THEM SO MUCH...JUST LOOK AT THEM MAKE ME HAPPY
SO..WHERE THERE IS PLESURE THERE IS NO LOST...:drinkup:

I believe in my case, it's never going to be enough.... I thought when I first started collecting H bags that I'd be happy with just one kelly and one birkin. I was.... maybe for about a year, then I had to have other colors, and then more colors.... X kellys and X birkins and who knows how many other bags later.... I still can't help myself when I see a bag that I liked on the shelves. Sure, I've edited my collection quite a bit, I've had to let some go that I don't use much...

But I am sure that if I walk in to the boutique tomorrow and I see another kelly or birkin or even a canoe or bolide in some color that I do have yet, it'll be coming home with me! *heh!