Help! How do you pronounce........

1. I sometimes have difficulty pronouncing certain designer names. Today it's: Bottega Venetta. Does anybody know the proper way to pronounce it?! :biggrin:

Thanks guys!

2. Hi!!This is an italian name and here it's pronounced BOTTEGA VENETA,just like it's written. No double T in VENETA and all the E should be read as in lemon..hope this helps The stresses are like this: Bottèga Vèneta !!:biggrin: :biggrin:

3. how does one pronounce the designer 'YSL'? (Yves Saint Laurent...don't know the spelling)

4. I'd love to know this too. I'm too embarrased to ask my co-worker friend to pronounce it for me.

5. Eves San Lauren... Or close...

6. Yep.. Eves (like Christmas Eve) Saan Lauren... :yes:

7. Ee(v) San Lah-w(r)on

On the Laurent part, the second syllable is that tricky typical French combo of 'r' and 'w' mixed together.

8. This is a good thread!

So I will ask....a friend and I pronounce Damier completely differently! Can someone post the pronunciation here so we can settle this?? :graucho: lol

Thanks!!

9. What about Leowe?

10. Dahm-yay

11. My french friend is called Laurent him and it pronounce Loran

12. I've always thought it to be pronounced "Lowe".. like the H&G store.

13. OUI! C'est vrai! (Yes, this is true!:biggrin:) those french! It's like they have a different word for everything!:lol:

14. I like this thread.. thanks for the lessons..

15. I have a few - I read about fashion so much more than I talk about it.

Bvlgari

Bourgeois

Miu Miu

Louboutin (i say Lou-ba-tawn - Is that correct?)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice