Help!! How do you get a grease spot out of my grey reissue distressed calfskin??

Jun 4, 2006
I just came home from dinner and I just saw a tiny little dot of oil/grease on the distressed leather!! :wtf: I have tried leather cleaner....doesn't work.....anyone have any advice?? :confused1: HELF!!! I AM HAVING A HEART ATTACK NOW!!

I know it is hard not to want to try to fix it but.....Better to sit it aside until you can talk to Chanel ...just be careful not to mess it up any more by trying the wrong product on it.:sad:

You could try PMing CHANELboy - since he works for Chanel he might be able to tell you what to do. He might be online now...I saw a post from him not too long ago.

He seems very nice - maybe he can help you....

I used to manage a retail leather store out of college with very expensive shearling coats, which are the WORST when it comes to grease/oil spots and spills...we always used corn starch directly on the spot, then layered that with a soft cloth or white paper towel and then put a book over that to "press" the corn starch into the spot. then let it sit overnight. Corn starch absorbs the oil without leaving anything on/in the leather...it really does work and I have saved many $4000+ coats with this trick...I would also call chanel, but if they give you bupkus, I would try this, I swear. I have done it with leather skirts and pants of my own many times...

oh, NO BABY powder, it has perfumes in it that can damage the leather/color. Cornstarch works because it isn't so fine that is seeps into the leather and it is free of perfums and dyes...

I used to manage a retail leather store out of college with very expensive shearling coats, which are the WORST when it comes to grease/oil spots and spills...we always used corn starch directly on the spot, then layered that with a soft cloth or white paper towel and then put a book over that to "press" the corn starch into the spot. then let it sit overnight. Corn starch absorbs the oil without leaving anything on/in the leather...it really does work and I have saved many $4000+ coats with this trick...I would also call chanel, but if they give you bupkus, I would try this, I swear. I have done it with leather skirts and pants of my own many times...

That's a great tip!

Ok gals, I just did what trisha recommended!! I borrowed some corn starch from my mom and put it on top of the stain now....Lets all pray that by tomorrow the grease stain will be gone....