HELP! HOW DO I GET RID OF A STAIN ON MY YSL BAG

Nemo123

Oct 15, 2020
Hi guys, so I had bought a YSL Sunset Bag for my birthday. However if you can see in the image below the bag has a mark on the ' L ' part of the YSL logo. I do not know how to get rid of it as it came like that and I have a massive OCD for perfection of my bags. I had told the retailer about this but they said it was my fault even though I didn't do anything. Please can anyone give me any tips, I love this bag but every time I look at it all I can see is the mark :sad:

IMG-6124.jpg

Hi guys, so I had bought a YSL Sunset Bag for my birthday. However if you can see in the image below the bag has a mark on the ' L ' part of the YSL logo. I do not know how to get rid of it as it came like that and I have a massive OCD for perfection of my bags. I had told the retailer about this but they said it was my fault even though I didn't do anything. Please can anyone give me any tips, I love this bag but every time I look at it all I can see is the mark :sad:

View attachment 4886691
Well, return it and get another! You said ‘retailer’ - surely they allow returns?

I can't, they're not letting me as it has been past 14 days so I can't get a refund and they're not letting me exchange it or even repair it :/
Hmmm... well, let’s try this: Get a can of Brasso or similar, (metal cleaner, find it at Walmart or Target?), and using a q-tip, dip an end into the solution, and then carefully rub the q-tip on the metal “L” to see if you can clean off the discoloration (making sure to not get any solution on the leather).

Was this 14 day policy stated on their receipt? If not, you can challenge it through your credit card company.

Whatever happens, good luck to you on this.

Hmmm... well, let’s try this: Get a can of Brasso or similar, (metal cleaner, find it at Walmart or Target?), and using a q-tip, dip an end into the solution, and then carefully rub the q-tip on the metal “L” to see if you can clean off the discoloration (making sure to not get any solution on the leather).

Was this 14 day policy stated on their receipt? If not, you can challenge it through your credit card company.

Whatever happens, good luck to you on this.

thank you I will try and do that! And I am from the U.K. so our policies for returns are up to 14 days, after that the retailer has to accept to exchange or repair the item but sadly the retailer is not willing to do that so I’m having to get legal help

Reactions: indiaink
thank you I will try and do that! And I am from the U.K. so our policies for returns are up to 14 days, after that the retailer has to accept to exchange or repair the item but sadly the retailer is not willing to do that so I’m having to get legal help
So ... Tesco instead of Target/Walmart. :smile:

Reactions: Nemo123