Help! How do I file a claim from my cc company? Anyone tried this b4?

Hi All,

I bought a bag from a seller in the US. Turned out to be fake & I returned the bag. The seller keep on saying that she hasn’t received it and now it has past the 45 days paypal & 90 days ebay dispute timeframe (not very smart of me, I know. I feel like an eejit).

Anyway I paid via paypal using credit card.
I sent back the item using Australia post fully insured & has tracking number. I tracked with usps.com and it says that she received it on the 28th of August.

Now, a few people in my previous thread mentioned I could file a claim through my credit card company. Can anyone tell me how this is done?
What do I say to them? I bought something on ebay, turned out to be fake, I returned it and the seller didn’t give my money back? Will they take me seriously because it is an ebay transaction?

Also, anyone here have tried this before and successful?

Thanks a lot….your help is much appreciated.

Hi there--

I just filed a charge back through my cc company. My situation is a bit different from yours--I never did receive the merchandise. I think all you need to do is call up your credit card company and file a dispute for that transaction. Make sure you provide all the information (package confirmation from USPS, PayPal payment confirmation, etc.) to expedite the claim. My cc company told me a charge back dispute takes anywhere from 30-90 days to complete, but you should receive a temporary credit once you file the dispute. Hope this helps!

Hi there--

I just filed a charge back through my cc company. My situation is a bit different from yours--I never did receive the merchandise. I think all you need to do is call up your credit card company and file a dispute for that transaction. Make sure you provide all the information (package confirmation from USPS, PayPal payment confirmation, etc.) to expedite the claim. My cc company told me a charge back dispute takes anywhere from 30-90 days to complete, but you should receive a temporary credit once you file the dispute. Hope this helps!

Hi Bubbleloba,
Yes, it certainly helps. I will file a dispute now. Although now I just remember that I filed a dispute once (I left my wallet in a cab & there is one credit card that I never used so forgot to cancel that one. Someone used it to pay their cab....& forged my signature. I never got my money back. But that was $50 or so...instead of $500 in my current case).
So I have to say I am a little skeptical. The bank is not know for their generosity. I think your case is stronger than mine though.

Thanks again anyway.

I am also in a similar situation but The seller claims that she will refund my money end of week. i called my c/c company and they said that if she doesn't i can file a claim for the charges. Good Luck