HELP! How do I clean this new fossil bag that have never been used?

Kobiang

Aug 23, 2018
Can anyone advise what are the dark spots on this bag ? This is new and haven't been used before. I store it in my cupboard for at least 3yrs before I remembers it and took it out. And in my horror, the bag was covered in dark spots.

I am quite disappointed in fossil's quality recently, another bag which have never been used before, started cracking and peeling for the sling, the main body remained fine, however the patches that connect the sling and parts where it is not obvious were made up of lousy leather which peeled and crack off. I thought fossil is supposed to make up of real leather fully ? I am afraid that this might happen to this bag too.

Any advise to clean and remove the dark spots are appreciated.

Thanks.
PXL_20230227_160901789.MP.jpgPXL_20230227_160914507.MP.jpgPXL_20230227_160924284.MP.jpg

These might be evidence of mold or moisture. I don’t think it has anything to do with Fossil quality and everything to do with the fact that they bag has been stored away for a long period of time.

Fossil has high quality full leather bags and lesser quality bags.

I know this is old and maybe you've solved your problem, but if you haven't, this is what my gran once told me. If you used essence of white vinegar (25%) and add water at a 1:1 ratio, you should get rid of the mold.

Thanks for the advice !
I know this is old and maybe you've solved your problem, but if you haven't, this is what my gran once told me. If you used essence of white vinegar (25%) and add water at a 1:1 ratio, you should get rid of the mold.
I haven't have any luck of removing the mold, I have tried using wet wipe, hand sanitiser, white vinegar (but I didn't take note of the concentration and ratio), and also put it under the sun. But there are still patches of dark spots which doesn't seem to go away. But I am quite grateful that the leather lining on the bag didn't start peeling off like my previous fossil bag.

Thanks for the advice !

I haven't have any luck of removing the mold, I have tried using wet wipe, hand sanitiser, white vinegar (but I didn't take note of the concentration and ratio), and also put it under the sun. But there are still patches of dark spots which doesn't seem to go away. But I am quite grateful that the leather lining on the bag didn't start peeling off like my previous fossil bag.
Mold damage is permanent. Vinegar will kill mold and keep it from growing, but the damage has already been done. Putting in the sun also kills mold. If you live in a humid environment, it is easy to mold to grow, especially when you keep your bag in a dustbag.

Fossil bags are made of leather with polyurethane trim. I'm not sure what that entails but I believe it is at least anything that looks like leather inside the bag. Personally I've had trouble with cleaning and conditioning Fossil leather. Sometimes a conditioner that works fine on my other bags will go on spotty on Fossil.

Reactions: Kobiang
Mold damage is permanent. Vinegar will kill mold and keep it from growing, but the damage has already been done. Putting in the sun also kills mold. If you live in a humid environment, it is easy to mold to grow, especially when you keep your bag in a dustbag.

Fossil bags are made of leather with polyurethane trim. I'm not sure what that entails but I believe it is at least anything that looks like leather inside the bag. Personally I've had trouble with cleaning and conditioning Fossil leather. Sometimes a conditioner that works fine on my other bags will go on spotty on Fossil.
I'm glad I don't live in a humid climate

Reactions: whateve
I'm also facing this problems and my current method is baking soda. I've sprinkle them all over the bag, inside and at all corners and folds and let it sit for at least 20 mins. Thereafter I removed all the powder and use a leather conditioner on my bag.

I'm monitoring it to see if the mold returns after a week or not. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: Kobiang