Help! Hot stamping gone wrong? or am I just to picky?

Jun 29, 2013
i just got a new neverfull and wanted to get it hot stamped. they showed me the result and it looked good at the store, but when I went home I saw that there is color "missing" at the top of the A (it looks like it's already coming off) and the W is blurred. You don't see it from a far distance, but I know that it is there and I'm not sure if I have to get over something like this, if I just spent a lot on this bag.

My problem is they warned me that if they do it with color, it might peel off sometime. so should i go back and confront them?

Attachments

• Foto(3).JPG
    Foto(3).JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 3,422
Definitely take it back! This is very poor and I'm surprised they didn't just re do it on a new item rather than try to palm this off on a customer. The colour coming off later on down the line is not the same as the hot stamp being done poorly. I would ask to see the manager if you haven't already as they should be appalled.

today :sad:
2 weeks ago I brought my ebene neverfull in because of cracking
now I bought the mono neverfull and now this.
I just don't want to complain every few days, but I mean, it really looks horrible!!

Can you post a pic of what it looks from a distance? I'm likely in the minority here but I think that once your bag starts to patina it won't be all that noticeable.

I would take it back- it shouldn't look blurry like that. It's almost like they didn't keep the bag still while it was being stamped- or the machine moved. I don't think that person knows how to operate the machine.:sad:

I wouldnt be happy with that!

I got the hot stamping on my never full and they did it on the wrong shoulder strap!
After much discussion they offered to have the shoulder straps taken off and damaged out. I decided against it because it would mean waiting a while to enjoy my bag. Needless to say I'm to scared to get anything heat stamped again! :nogood:

well i hope they offer me a replacement, becaue it's only 4 days old and i didn't wear it.

well no one would notice just walking by, it's a close up of course and yes the patina might make it look less awful, but at the top of the A there is no color, and it looks like a little piece is sticking out, if that makes sense? And if this is the case alrealdy, won't it peel off completely in the near future?

they tagged the handle i wanted it on with a green sticker, so they would do it on the right handle.

another picture not as close, but I don't mind if other people don't see it, i have to be happy with this bag!

Attachments

• Foto(3).JPG
    Foto(3).JPG
    674.5 KB · Views: 3,590
If you aren't happy (and I wouldn't be) you need to take it back ASAP. The longer you wait I'm sure the lower your chance of them probably giving you a replacement/fixing it. Good Luck