Help! HIP Kohl Eyeliner, I am clearly doing it wrong!

Reesee

Loving the BB
O.G.
May 13, 2009
I just got this today and tried to put it on. I thought it just needed to be swiped like liquid liner would. NOT SO. I am a total mess right now and no I will not post pictures of the mess I made :P

So, how in the world am I supposed to put this on? Going to wash my face now.

i haven't tried it myself, but when i was reading the reviews for it on makeupalley, people kept mentioning the "middle eastern style" of applying eyeliner, which is how they apply kohl powders

then i googled a bit and found this: http://www.bdancer.com/med-guide/suppl/makeup.html

"Hold stick parallel to eye, and starting at the inner point of the eye, run it between the eyelids ACTUALLY TOUCHING THE EYE. (It doesn't hurt, really.) Re-powder stick, pick up in left hand and repeat on the other side. You may also enhance your eyebrows, or draw points off the end of your eyes."

sounds scary! please be careful!

The stick for the Hip Kohl liners are different than the regular kohl sticks so application would be a lil different. I think you hold the Hip kohl liner and dab it onto ur lashline.

i haven't tried it myself, but when i was reading the reviews for it on makeupalley, people kept mentioning the "middle eastern style" of applying eyeliner, which is how they apply kohl powders

then i googled a bit and found this: http://www.bdancer.com/med-guide/suppl/makeup.html

"Hold stick parallel to eye, and starting at the inner point of the eye, run it between the eyelids ACTUALLY TOUCHING THE EYE. (It doesn't hurt, really.) Re-powder stick, pick up in left hand and repeat on the other side. You may also enhance your eyebrows, or draw points off the end of your eyes."

sounds scary! please be careful!

i second this application method! sadly i wasn't crazy about the HIP kohls b/c the applicator kinda sucked. it's a weird, stiff hard brush that's not really ideal for applying the product and makes for a good amount of fall-out.

I promise this is more fun once you get the hang of it! I love it, and it looks great.
I don't use the "Middle Eastern method" but knock off the excess kohl and gently pull the wand across my upper lashline, just as I would with liquid liner. The same works for the lower lashline. My only advice is to hold a sheet of toilet paper just below your eye to avoid black dust all over your cheeks.

Thanks ladies, it was a total mess but I loved the color. I am just going to have to be more careful and do the paper towel thing under my eye, the fallout is miserable and this stuff has tons of color so I made a mess. I was hoping it would not transfer to my crease like every other liner in the world does but it did. I have hooded eyes so this is a constant problem for me.
I will try again, thanks for all the help. Chessmont, let me know how you do!

OMG, I was just now having a dream that I learned how to put this on correctly! Then the puppy woke me up to pee (he's too young to go through the night). Now if I could only remember how I did it in the dream. Da**

Here noodling around on tpf because of 'course' he is again soundly sleeping, while now I can't.