Help! Hermes SA question!

nkspinelli

Dec 23, 2006
;) Hi there,
I have a couple questions re: Hermes SA's and Hermes' sales policies. Is there a limited amount of "store searches" that a SA can do for a customer and are store searches limited to certain bags (i.e. excluding Birkins?). Does a SA receive a commission for in store purchases only and not store searches?

I thought I had a decent relationship with my SA at Hermes. I have a Birkin on order, I have purchased two Birkin's from her in the past and I recently bought a Massai. I called my SA last week and left her a voice mail (she wasn't available at that moment) for a possible Birkin store search and she STILL hasn't returned my call! Should/Could I establish a relationship with a different SA in a different store?

Thank you!

Do you know if she has been at work? She may have taken a vacation and was out of the store and hence never got the message.

As far as I know, no store does searches for Birkins and Kellys. They are too highly coveted, and no store would give up their quota for these bags to another as they will most definitely be able to sell them on their own. If you ask for a Birkin, they'll look into their own back room or their list for the coming orders.

There is no limit to the number of store searches that can be made for a customer - provided that you honor the sale. If you constantly ask them to search for something, but never ever buy the item that comes in, then it's my guess that they will start limiting searches for you.

For my store, my SA still receives commission for search items. Not sure how the others may work, though I assume it should be the same.

I have never left my SA a voicemail!!

If she's not there I find out when she will be there and call again at that time.

In any case, the person who answers will tell me if she is away on leave (although my SA usually tells me in advance), and they ALWAYS offer to take a message and have her call me back. I have never left a voicemail to a machine.

My SA has given me an email address as well in case I want to ask something when she is not there of if I think of something at a time when the store is closed.

Call again!

;) Hi there,
I have a couple questions re: Hermes SA's and Hermes' sales policies. Is there a limited amount of "store searches" that a SA can do for a customer and are store searches limited to certain bags (i.e. excluding Birkins?). Does a SA receive a commission for in store purchases only and not store searches?

I thought I had a decent relationship with my SA at Hermes. I have a Birkin on order, I have purchased two Birkin's from her in the past and I recently bought a Massai. I called my SA last week and left her a voice mail (she wasn't available at that moment) for a possible Birkin store search and she STILL hasn't returned my call! Should/Could I establish a relationship with a different SA in a different store?

Thank you!

I have never received a call back from an Hermes SA. I truly think its their policy to be aloof and evasive. I gave my contact details very recently to this one SA to call me back if she found a particular bag for me. She never called after 2 weeks so when I went into the store and found a bag that I wanted to buy, I bought it from another SA. It was her loss for not following up. You would think that given they are commission based, they would be proactive and follow up with clients but they never seem to from my experience! I don't get it.....unless they think being elusive increases demand for their goods.

I have never received a call back from an Hermes SA. I truly think its their policy to be aloof and evasive. I gave my contact details very recently to this one SA to call me back if she found a particular bag for me. She never called after 2 weeks so when I went into the store and found a bag that I wanted to buy, I bought it from another SA. It was her loss for not following up. You would think that given they are commission based, they would be proactive and follow up with clients but they never seem to from my experience! I don't get it.....unless they think being elusive increases demand for their goods.

That's terrible. You're right, it's her loss.

I do think this is an individual SA problem rather than a generic one. I have come across very unhelpful SAs time and time again. However, on my first visit to a particular store, I "clicked" with a particular SA (don't know if she felt sorry for me with having three kids to deal with at the time!) and I stick with her now. I think that without her, I would not have what I have - she has done searches for SLGs, jewellery, my Bolide (found a colour I wanted), offered me items over the phone (I live 2 hours drive away) and taken orders over the phone. She even told me the exact time she was going to phone me the next day (and the day after that) and she did!

You need to find that SA - but don't lose heart. She is out there! There will be a tPFer who goes to your store and can recommend someone, I'm sure.