HELP! HELP! HELP! New to CHANEL....

smbyron212

Feb 9, 2008
Hi Guys

Well I'm new to the wonderful world of Chanel and after a long and beautiful relationship with Balenciaga, I've decided to buy on first Chanel!!!
I've narrowed it done to a Jumbo Flap..... But thats about it!
I don't know what color, what material, what hardware.... ARGH!!!!
Please give me your opinions :shrugs:

(I've changed my mind a million times, already)

I'd say a neutral caviar like black. You could go beige if you're looking for a lighter neutral (the new beige is lovely). The hardware question is purely personal. Some people like to match their jewelry, while others like a mix of metals. By the way, I suggested caviar over lamb because it's a bit more durable.

Welcome to Chanel, symbyron! Like you I made the move from Balenciaga to Chanel and I have not looked back. But I must confess that it has been an expensive change of heart! My first Chanel was a wonderful black lambskin hybrid with gold hardware and I still love it. Then followed 7 other beautiful flaps and re-issues which I just cannot part with. My Bal bags have moved to new homes but I intend keeping my Chanels. So enjoy the staying power of Chanel and be prepared to spend a lot of money! :smile:

Hi Guys

Well I'm new to the wonderful world of Chanel and after a long and beautiful relationship with Balenciaga, I've decided to buy on first Chanel!!!
I've narrowed it done to a Jumbo Flap..... But thats about it!
I don't know what color, what material, what hardware.... ARGH!!!!
Please give me your opinions :shrugs:

(I've changed my mind a million times, already)

Welcome to the Chanel forum, A black Jumbo in Caviar leather (is super durable and great for everyday bag:tup:), I have it in both yellow and silver hardware, so is up to you which hardware color you prefer. G/L w/ decision:smile:

I would definately go with black for your first Jumbo, as its a classic that you will be very unlikely to ever tire of!

Lambskin, softer, less durable, but it always chooses me lol.
Caviar, grainy, harder leather, will withstand alot of wear and tear.

Its really up to you, I always say, at this price its not like we are ever going to be too hard on our bags anyhow, so its a nice decision to have to make :smile:

Oooh, a classic is good but a reissue is lovely too! Maybe a black reissue with whatever color hardware you like best-- gold or silver. As to size, I like the 227 for an everyday bag. Good luck and let us know what you get!