Help Hamilton vs Selma

I was debating between these two bags, and ended up going with the hamilton. Once I got home and started to put stuff in it, I realized that it's heavy even though there are only a few items in it. So I was wondering how the Selma compares in terms of weight. Is it lighter or about the same?

ETA I have the E/W Hamilton and was looking to compare it to a medium Selma.

I was debating between these two bags, and ended up going with the hamilton. Once I got home and started to put stuff in it, I realized that it's heavy even though there are only a few items in it. So I was wondering how the Selma compares in terms of weight. Is it lighter or about the same?

ETA I have the E/W Hamilton and was looking to compare it to a medium Selma.
I don't own an E/W Hamilton or a medium Selma, but I'm pretty sure the Selma will be lighter than the Hamilton. The Hamilton's hardware does add a bit of extra weight to the bag.

I found the Large Selma to weigh much more than the Medium. But I assume you will need a large to carry all your items. Perhaps you have your mind made up on one of these two styles. But if not you may want to consider a Jet Set Tote. They have a variety of sizes and some have embellishments such as studs. They are easy to carry around and a versatile day/night bag

I found the Large Selma to weigh much more than the Medium. But I assume you will need a large to carry all your items. Perhaps you have your mind made up on one of these two styles. But if not you may want to consider a Jet Set Tote. They have a variety of sizes and some have embellishments such as studs. They are easy to carry around and a versatile day/night bag
I have both the Hamilton (2), and Selma (3), I find the Hamilton is more comfortable to carry than the Selma, I also find the selma is a bit stiff to open, but I like fact it has a full zipper closure whereas the Hamilton does not. I also fell in love with the Hamilton traveler the first time I saw it, it looks like a good combination of the two....

I have both the Hamilton (2), and Selma (3), I find the Hamilton is more comfortable to carry than the Selma, I also find the selma is a bit stiff to open, but I like fact it has a full zipper closure whereas the Hamilton does not. I also fell in love with the Hamilton traveler the first time I saw it, it looks like a good combination of the two....
Are your Hamiltons more comfortable to carry than your Selmas because of the slightly wider shoulder strap or do you have another reason? I assume you are comparing the smaller E/W Hamilton to the Selma and not the larger N/S Hamilton to the Selma.

I have both styles of purses and there are pros and cons for each. The Selma has a zipper which is useful if you plan on carrying small items so they don't fall out, is relatively lightweight, saffiano leather is durable and resistant against water or stains, and the bag's interior is spacious...however the straps are too thin IMO and can start to cut into the shoulder if the bag is overfilled. The Hamilton is a large bag with plenty of space, removable hardware (i.e solid metal lock) so as to lighten the weight when needed, and has a wide(r) shoulder strap to better distribute heavy weight on the shoulder...however the magnetic clasp opening may allow for small items to fall out if you have to bend over and since the bag is large with solid metal fixtures the bag's overall weight is heavier. As some other members have mentioned on this thread you can take a look at the Hamilton traveler...it looks like the best of both bags put together :biggrin:

I have both styles of purses and there are pros and cons for each. The Selma has a zipper which is useful if you plan on carrying small items so they don't fall out, is relatively lightweight, saffiano leather is durable and resistant against water or stains, and the bag's interior is spacious...however the straps are too thin IMO and can start to cut into the shoulder if the bag is overfilled. The Hamilton is a large bag with plenty of space, removable hardware (i.e solid metal lock) so as to lighten the weight when needed, and has a wide(r) shoulder strap to better distribute heavy weight on the shoulder...however the magnetic clasp opening may allow for small items to fall out if you have to bend over and since the bag is large with solid metal fixtures the bag's overall weight is heavier. As some other members have mentioned on this thread you can take a look at the Hamilton traveler...it looks like the best of both bags put together :biggrin:
Very helpful...thanks!!! :smile:

Yes, I have the E/W Hamiltons, I don't normally use the shoulder straps on my bags, I carry them by the top handle on my arm. I just find the selma to be stiff and bulky whereas the Hamilton is soft and moveable, and it has less bulk the less you put in it whereas the selma is "solid", does that make sense? That being said I LOVE my selma messenger as a cross body, strap is perfect on that. (my mini selma messenger is a tad too small for everyday life)

Yes, I have the E/W Hamiltons, I don't normally use the shoulder straps on my bags, I carry them by the top handle on my arm. I just find the selma to be stiff and bulky whereas the Hamilton is soft and moveable, and it has less bulk the less you put in it whereas the selma is "solid", does that make sense? That being said I LOVE my selma messenger as a cross body, strap is perfect on that. (my mini selma messenger is a tad too small for everyday life)
Thanks, but I'm now not sure if you have the saffiano leather or the regular leather Hamiltons. I can understand how a regular leather Hamilton would feel soft and moveable versus a saffiano leather Selma. Or are both your Hamiltons and Selmas saffiano leather?