Help Hamilton vs Selma

avental

Jun 1, 2014
I'm saving up for a fall/winter bag and am torn. I love both the hamilton and selma equally. Just when I think I'm set on one I see pictures of the other and want the other. I would like to hear pros and cons from anyone who has both. I also have a 14 month old son so would carry a few items for him.

I'm saving up for a fall/winter bag and am torn. I love both the hamilton and selma equally. Just when I think I'm set on one I see pictures of the other and want the other. I would like to hear pros and cons from anyone who has both. I also have a 14 month old son so would carry a few items for him.
I don't own a Hamilton, but are you considering the larger N/S or the smaller E/W version?

For the large Selma...

Pros - lots of interior space for your stuff even though the bag doesn't look oversized when carried; very well made and sturdy; great work bag; unique trapezoid shape with wings; understated yet classy and sophisticated looking bag; can be dressed up or down; zipper for added security; adjustable and removable shoulder strap for flexibility; feet on bottom of the bag for protection against wear and tear; saffiano leather is almost indestructible

Cons - looks awkward when worn crossbody; very heavy when full; shoulder strap a bit narrow so somewhat uncomfortable when carried over the shoulder for extended periods of time

I don't own a Hamilton, but are you considering the larger N/S or the smaller E/W version?

For the large Selma...

Pros - lots of interior space for your stuff even though the bag doesn't look oversized when carried; very well made and sturdy; great work bag; unique trapezoid shape with wings; understated yet classy and sophisticated looking bag; can be dressed up or down; zipper for added security; adjustable and removable shoulder strap for flexibility; feet on bottom of the bag for protection against wear and tear; saffiano leather is almost indestructible

Cons - looks awkward when worn crossbody; very heavy when full; shoulder strap a bit narrow so somewhat uncomfortable when carried over the shoulder for extended periods of time

Thank you so much this helps a lot. .....for the hamilton I was considering the n/s

Thank you so much this helps a lot. .....for the hamilton I was considering the n/s
Well, the N/S Hamilton is definitely roomy and will accommodate some of your son's items. I believe it has more interior space than the large Selma. However, with the open top (magnetic closure) it may not be wise to fill it up so as not to accidentally have something fall out. I also considered the N/S Hamilton, but prefer less hardware on my bags. I also didn't like that the shoulder strap is not detachable. However, I really do love how the bag looks. It's beautiful.

Well, the N/S Hamilton is definitely roomy and will accommodate some of your son's items. I believe it has more interior space than the large Selma. However, with the open top (magnetic closure) it may not be wise to fill it up so as not to accidentally have something fall out. I also considered the N/S Hamilton, but prefer less hardware on my bags. I also didn't like that the shoulder strap is not detachable. However, I really do love how the bag looks. It's beautiful.

Oh decisions decisions lol I think what is drawing me to the n/s hamilton is the hardware. ...I'm so upset I missed out on the studded selma 😔
Thank you so much for helping out I wish I could get both but can't. ...

I asked my husband what he thought and he likes the looks of the selma better. .... he doesn't like all the hardware of the hamilton lol I think both you and him are swaying me towards the selma 😊

Oh decisions decisions lol I think what is drawing me to the n/s hamilton is the hardware. ...I'm so upset I missed out on the studded selma 😔
Thank you so much for helping out I wish I could get both but can't. ...

I asked my husband what he thought and he likes the looks of the selma better. .... he doesn't like all the hardware of the hamilton lol I think both you and him are swaying me towards the selma 😊

Good luck with your decision. Both bags are beautiful. However, if you really love hardware on your bags, then you should get the Hamilton OR you could try to find a studded Selma on eBay.

Good luck with your decision. Both bags are beautiful. However, if you really love hardware on your bags, then you should get the Hamilton OR you could try to find a studded Selma on eBay.

Thank you again for your help. ...I will wait for a bit before making my decision as I found an image online of a aw14 selma black on black studded and if it is released it's the one I want 😉

Thank you. ...I will definitely be carrying around a lot too lol I'm going to check out the what's in my bag link to see how the selma looks stuffed with items 😊

I guess there's no what's in my bag link for michael kors. ....I would love to see one started

I carry a ton of stuff, too, and the large Selma does not disappoint. It is very spacious. You should take a look through the Sophisticated Selma Club thread. Some have posted what's in their bag there. :smile: