Help! Gucci velvet marmont - classic or not?

rhea87

Sep 6, 2009
Hi everyone :smile:

I am after some advice on the Gucci velvet marmont in black or rubin. I love this bag and am so tempted to buy it but i'm worried about the longeivity of it! It would be my first ever Gucci purchase and want to make sure i make the right choice!

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

I saw this big out and about on someone. I believe she had the largest size. THThee shape did not look good, its not a structured bag by any means but it also isn't a slouchy bag. This is was turns me off about the bag.

Hi everyone :smile:

I am after some advice on the Gucci velvet marmont in black or rubin. I love this bag and am so tempted to buy it but i'm worried about the longeivity of it! It would be my first ever Gucci purchase and want to make sure i make the right choice!

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Anyone know the price of the GG Marmont Medium Matelasse leather shoulder bag - nude colour in Singapore?

I suddenly fell in love with the velvet marmont and I agree that it looks best in a small or mini size.

Sorry for posting this question twice, but are "rubin" and "fuchsia" the same color? On the Gucci website, the mini bag is called fuchsia and the small/medium size is called rubin, however in both pics the color is similar. Does anyone know? I have the mini size on hold for me at the boutique and I just want to make sure it is the one I asked for..

Thanks!

I’m not a fan of Marmont collection, but I have to admit that velvet marmont is really beautiful and the material complements the chevron pattern really well.
That being said, I believe it’s a stunning winter piece, however I’m not sure about its longevity, taking into account that both the marmont collection and velvet are very trendy right now. Just my two cents!

Reactions: Kmora
I think the marmont collection is a classic. However, I find the velvet material to be more of a trend. I own a marmont in leather, and I find it to be durable. I've had it for 5 months, and I haven't seen any major signs of wear.

Did you get the bag? How are you liking it so far?

We have quite members with the velvet version. Check out the mini-reveal thread, perhaps send someone a DM. I think the velvet version is gorgeous, sumptuous and really suits the hardware. it also comes in such pretty colours.

Reactions: CSG